Coffee Grounds Soap

Candybee

My latest 'scrubby' soap. I used leftover coffee grounds with fresh ground cinnamon and nutmeg. The fragrance is Cocoa Therapy from Fillmore and Purely Peppermint from Peaks mixed 50/50%. They smell absolutely heavenly.

They are for my craft show in the mountains this weekend. Hope they sell good cause I got bills to pay!

I love making exfoliating soaps and my customers keep asking for more, more..

post-3620-139458456102_thumb.jpg

post-3620-139458456104_thumb.jpg

post-3620-139458456106_thumb.jpg

Well its Sunday night and I'm back from my craft show. I made just over $1000 this weekend. :yay:

Sold all my lotions, liquid soap, and most of my soap bars, and loads of candles.

But the coffee scrub soap didn't fair too well. I only sold 3 out of 12.:sad2: [sigh]

But I am so happeee I could care less!:yay:

• 2 weeks later...

The coffee soaps are beginning to sell now. Yayy!!! But only after I revamped them and included a coffee fragrance. They are now a blend of cappuchino and chocolate mint. Plus I changed the labels to reflect the new scent.

I've been using one all week and really love the scrubbing action I get with the coffee grounds. The cappuchino fragrance really gave it a nice improvement too.

I also need to remember to use the vanilla stabilizer as the soap colors to brown even without dye. I think its partially due to the coffee turning the base brown plus the fragrance must have a vanilla base in there somewhere.

• 3 years later...