Mr. Missy's oils

sassyQ

Ok...just wanted to let you all know about my expierience with Mr. Missys. They shorted me one bottle of the powdered sugar. Well Jason called me this morning and told me that they were getting that out right away to me, and they were giving me a free 1 lb bottle of the same or what ever scent I wanted. I thought that was awesome customer service.

Anyway...I poured the apple crisp last night. What I did, since I already carry Apple Jack and they smell very similar, I added some vanilla and birthday cake. It is fantastic!!!! I could not wait to burn it and WOW. Also poured the powdered sugar and it is to die for.

So far, nothing but great service and great oils from them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic!!!! :yay: I can't wait for Donna-Do to post. She got a lot of them too. There are tons I want. It seems that powdered sugar is a hit with lots of folks. That is going to be a definite for me then. The customer service seems a huge plus too so far. Thanks for posting.

Received my order yesterday OOB the French Strawberry is very good but the other 4 fragrances I got seem weak to me. But since you should judge an FO out of the bottle...we'll see when I pour them.

Andy, what all did you get? tia

Received my order yesterday evening!

Here's what I got and am pouring all of them this weekend!

Cinnamon Spice Cake

Pineapple Coconut - Smells absolutely yummy!

Orange Cranberry

Powdered Sugar - could be a good mixer like someone said. I like!

Spiced Vanilla

Buttercream Vanilla

Roasted Chestnuts

Fresh Linen

Eskimo Kisses - I smell some spearmint in this one.

They all smell wonderful OOB!

I'll post my results next week.

Dan also called me and we had a nice long discussion about his business, candle business in general, his wax and FO's. Very nice to talk with and he threw in some extras to boot!

I use 6006/soy combo with CD wicks in 8 oz. JJ, 12 oz. JJ and 16 oz. sq. mason jars.

Carrie

carrie

the pineapple coconut, buttercream vanilla and spiced vanilla are on my list to get for tomorrow! thank you for sharring your oob reviews :)

i am also thinking about french strawberry, raspberry, frosty lemon and cinnamon drop.. i called about the cinnamon drop and talked to jason i believe i wanted to ask if it was like a red hot cinnamon and he stated it is not a red hot type.. has anyone tried that one yet ?

What does the Powdered Sugar smell like? I would like to get a straight Raspberry and a vanilla coconut. I know my customers will be asking for something new for fall so I need to start looking.

Well, OOB it smells kinda like powdered sugar....light sugary but not overly sweet.....

spiced vanilla - not what I expected, a "different" spice note to it, but I like it.

Buttcream vanilla - I really like OOB, 'cause not too much butter which I can't stand the smell of in a candle.

about the spiced vanilla, does it smell like different spices (like an all spice) mixed with vanilla or was that what you were expecting it to smell like ?

With the spiced vanilla's I've used in the past they had more of a cinnamony note, but this is not an allspice. I can't explain, let me check it out OOB again and then pour it. I'll let you know. Vanilla's are my favs!

Carrie

Received my Mr. Missy order yesterday and am impressed once again! Most of these are OOB reviews but I'll be busy making tarts all weekend with them. lol They're all nice and strong OOB except for Vanilla Velvet. It's definitely on the lighter side but I'll see what it does when it hits the wax....I'm terrible at decriptions but here goes:Powdered Sugar- Still awesome. Reminds me of Sugar Wafers a little. Definitely has some bakery in it.Banana Bark & Bamboo- Not a lot of Banana in this but good and strong. Slightly Herbal...If you like Bamboo & Sugar Cane, you'll probably like this.Clove & Peppermint- More Peppermint than Clove. Not your typical plain Peppermint. Indian Spice- Nice! Slightly spicy Nag Champa type of scent. Has a little Patchouli or something in it. If you like Hippy type scents, you'll love this one.Caffe Cafe Latte- Nice mild coffee and cream type scent.Would be a good Starbucks. Apple Blossom & Peony- I smelled more Peony in this than AB OOB but smelled more of the AB when it hit the wax. Very nice and true.Christmas Cranberries- Great Cranberry scent. Not a lot of spice in this one. French Strawberry- Very realistic. Don't detect any "candy" smell at all. Heirloom- Pretty woman's perfume type scent. Smells kind of familiar. Might remind me a little of Senchal or something like that. ???Lavender Vanilla- This is a good strong one. Lunar Eclipse- Hard to describe. Reminds me of a nice herbal type men's cologne with a touch of lime maybe...Mystery Man- This one doesn't smell like a cologne, like I thought it would. Smells a little fruity, almost like a clean Grandpa's Garden. lolOrange Cranberry- More Orange w/peel than Cranberry. Will be good for Fall.Pineapple Coconut- Really good and strong. I don't smell a lot of Coconut. Smells a lot like Pineapple Cilantro to me. Raspberry Lemon Tart- Strong and tart. Not sure about the "tart" part. I don't smell any bakery in this. More Lemon than Raspberry.Velvet Vanilla- Very light. Reminds me of KY's Southern Vanilla but a lot lighter.Wild Cherry- Good and strong. Spicy but not like a full blown "burn your nose hair" Black Cherry. lolWould love to hear other reviews. Think I'll get in one more order before the sale ends. :)

Sorry about the jumble. I have no idea why my list posted that way. Let's try it again:

Powdered Sugar- Still awesome. Reminds me of Sugar Wafers a little. Definitely has some bakery in it.

Banana Bark & Bamboo- Not a lot of Banana in this but good and strong. Slightly Herbal...If you like Bamboo & Sugar Cane, you'll probably like this.

Clove & Peppermint- More Peppermint than Clove. Not your typical plain Peppermint.

Indian Spice- Nice! Slightly spicy Nag Champa type of scent. Has a little Patchouli or something in it. If you like Hippy type scents, you'll love this one. :)

Caffe Cafe Latte- Nice mild coffee and cream type scent.

Would be a good Starbucks.

Apple Blossom & Peony- I smelled more Peony in this than AB OOB but smelled more of the AB when it hit the wax. Very nice and true.

Christmas Cranberries- Great Cranberry scent. Not a lot of spice in this one.

French Strawberry- Very realistic. Don't detect any "candy" smell at all.

Heirloom- Pretty woman's perfume type scent. Smells kind of familiar. Might remind me a little of Senchal or something like that. ???

Lavender Vanilla- This is a good strong one.

Lunar Eclipse- Hard to describe. Reminds me of a nice men's cologne with a touch of lime maybe...

Mystery Man- This one doesn't smell like a cologne, like I thought it would. Smells a little fruity, almost like a clean Grandpa's Garden. lol

Orange Cranberry- More Orange w/peel than Cranberry. Will be good for Fall.

Pineapple Coconut- Really good and strong. I don't smell a lot of Coconut. Smells a lot like Pineapple Cilantro to me.

Raspberry Lemon Tart- Strong and tart. Not sure about the "tart" part. I don't smell any bakery in this. More Lemon than Raspberry.

Velvet Vanilla- Very light. Reminds me of KY's Southern Vanilla but a lot lighter.

Wild Cherry- Good and strong. Spicy but not like a full blown "burn your nose hair" Black Cherry. lol

Would love to hear other reviews. Think I'll get in one more order before the sale ends. :)

Yesterday I got the Black Current Tangerine Sherbert and OOB it is really, really good. I cannot wait to wax this one. Then I also got the Powdered Sugar based on everyone's reviews here and yep, its a keeper. I got the Hyacinth Grapefruit and it is blow you away strong. Very very good. Its a toss up for me on favorite between that and the Hydrangea. These are not sweet flowery but more musky flowery. Very strong and good. I also got the Morning Mountain Dew...it is a fresh scent. I will have to wax that one for a better review. I'm not much on clean scents personally, though my customers love them. And last but not least, I got the Honeydew and it is dead on!!! Very strong and melon through and through!!!! So, that's all for now but I intend on getting more before the end of the month. I'll post on them as I get them, and on these when waxed. Gosh, there are so many more I want.......... I'm thinking the raspberry to mix with the powdered sugar for a gourmet cookie type scent. Oh the possibilities....

Mini...

To me the Powdered Sugar is bakery but not a strong sugar cookie to me....it is for sure a great scent, and I will carry it alone as that, but I am going to also get a donut FO and mix it. It is also to me, not a knock your socks off strong, but it is a good medium thrower I would say. HTH

Poured on Friday and tested yesterday and today (Sunday):

Powdered Sugar - burned in my bathroom (8'x12') nice, reminds me of a bakery with donuts, but this scent is a light bakery, IMO will not do well in a large room. I stil like it in my Bathroom. Maybe do 1.25-1.5 oz PP.

Pineapple Coconut - Burned in my bedroom which is large (20'x23') smells awesome. Not to pineappley sweet and not too coconuty (meaning to Tropical Sun Tan lotion type). Very nice, kinda different, really like it! HT in large room is awesome!

Eskimo Kisses - OK, this is a spearminty type scent, but for those of you that do soaps, this is so so so masculine! It's smells like a good lookin guy! LOL This is TO ME not a holiday scent, but a man scent definitely. The best MAN scent I've smelled in a long time! It's burning in my bedroom now! LOL woohoo!

The others that I have poured, but not yet tested is:

Cinnamon Spice Cake - CT is different than what I expected, but have not burned yet.

Buttercream Vanilla - CT is awesome!

Fresh Linen - I think better than NG's Fresh Linen - I really got tired of that one! CT is really nice! Testing this week.

Spiced Vanilla - That's being tested tomorrow when I get home from work. I really like the CT!

HTH

Carrie

here is a story...

On 6/19, I ordered 2 oils they were 11.99 each/lb says free shipping. I get a call and email from him saysing he would have to charge $12.95 to my card unless I add some more to make it $50, that is the free shipping limit. Well the next day after I placed the order, the prices were $8.95 so I told him to cancel my order refund my card and I will reorder with the lower prices and get $50 worth, he said ok..Well days gone on and my credit card got charged. So I eamiled and asked him to ship the order or to refund my card. So on 6/25 he said he shipped the order..

It has on been 11 days since I ordered and still no product....I am a little ticked...I sure hope these FO are the best I have ever used...