Mr. Missy's oils

sassyQ

Am I the only one that is annoyed with the lack of scent descriptions? Am I supposed to know what "snow flurry" or "Mardi Gras" smells like? I always end up buying way more than I should from Oregon Trails simply because they are so descriptive and enticing! I like to know what the notes/top notes are...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I said it too. Although I have purchased scents that I didn't like but sounded good, I still like a decription. I know he's just getting back in the business, but I think it would help his sales if he would add the decriptions. I want to know about "snow flurry" and "mardi gras" too. A lot of interesting titles, too bad.

Put me in the boat with you as far as being annoyed with no scent descriptions. 'Eskimo Kisses', what the heck is that??

But a few suppliers don't give descriptions, drives me batty! I just don't buy there or if only some scents have no descriptions, I don't buy those scents.

ok, I've got all 5 oils tested. All were tested @ 1.5oz pp. in gb415 soywax, 6.5oz. 12 sided jars, with 51 or 60 cotton wick from millcreek. Tested in a 13x18 room.

powdered sugar--- Excellent throw, yummy. I would rate it a 10

passionfruit -- Not my favorite, but the throw is great. I would rate it an 8

eskimo kisses-- Just a weird scent, I can't even begin to describe it. It does throw. I would rate this one at a 9-10

fresh linen-- Light floral baby powder. Great throw. I would rate this one at a 9

Nectarine-- Smells pretty close to the real thing. Throws great. I would rate this one at a 9.

It may just be my nose, but 4 out of the 5 oils had a very weird dirty/chemical smell oob. That being said my favorite fall oil smells like crap oob. So don't judge them until you have actually burned them. good luck the sale ends tonight. Please add your reviews when you get your oils.

Hey did all of you get $50.00 worth so you could get free shipping? Let me know I want to take part in the sale. But do not wanna by that much till i know if they are good for my wax combo.

Thanks

which is? I may be wrong but I think those oils work in all wax combos.

which is? I may be wrong but I think those oils work in all wax combos.

Well not to be rude or ugly, but there are some oils from some vendors that work better in some waxes than others. That has been my experience. I have tried some oils that you all here rave about and they just did not do for me what they did for some of you. And I personally would rather by the samples, than full pound bottles, in case they do not work for me, so I am not sitting on oils I can't use. I am sorry if I upset you with my question. But if I do not ask, I do not know.

I use 4630 and ez soy. Does this help you now? :confused: I was not trying to upset anyone or have anyone try and set me straight. I just wanted to know the answer to the "did you all have to buy $50 to get free shipping."? I will conduct my testing on the oils I ordered and see if they work for me and the wax blend that I use. I will post my reviews and my test results when the oils come in. I really hope they do well.

Thanks

Southern Star, did you order, and if so, what did you get, if you do not mind sharing. I get excited just waiting on reviews from all the ones who have ordered. I want to order lots more but would like to see how they are doing for everyone else too. I use straight paraffin, though, so of course it may take tweaking for soy or parasoy. I wish I could afford to get one of each..... Maybe some got theirs this past week and we will be hearing from them soon.

Hey, I need somemore reviews. (edited to remove sale information.

I ordered a bunch of oils from the last sale but they won't be here till Thursday, so I don't have any more reviews. :sad2:

Here's what I ordered though:

Powdered Sugar 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Banana Bark & Bamboo 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Clove & Peppermint 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Indian Spice 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Caffe Cafe Latte 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Apple Blossom & Peony 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Christmas Cranberries 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

French Strawberry 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Heirloom 1 Lb $9.95 1 $9.95

Lavender Vanilla 1Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Lunar Eclipse 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Mystery Man 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Orange Cranberry 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Pineapple Coconut 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Raspberry Lemon Tart 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Velvet Vanilla 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

Wild Cherry 1 Lb $11.95 1 $11.95

(edited)

Leisa...I was told by Dan that yes you had to spend the $50. I came back here and asked that question and got no response so I emailed him and was told yes. So if you got it girl, you are lucky. I am temped to get more with the latest sale that is going on. My oils will be here Wed. So I am holding off till I get them to see how they are.

I just got my oils today. All reviews are OOB. Powdered Sugar is great, although they shorted me one bottle. I emailed Dan letting him know. I think this would be a great mixer with a donut fo.

Apple Crisp to me smells almost identical to Apple Jack and Peel.

Cinn Spice Cake, smells really good and strong. And the honey dew is a dead on one for me.

I will post the results of my testing in a few days.

I use a 4630/bit of soy combo. I am looking to mix the apple crisp with something, as I already carry apple jack. And to me they are almost the same oil.

I will be pouring a few of these in the morning and will let you know how they turn out. I think they all are going to do well.