Mr. Missy's oils

sassyQ

Just a head's up to anyone interested. I received my oils yesterday afternoon (late) and am pouring them in wax now. I will have a final review later on today, but I just had to say that OOB they are fabulous. I have ordered from just about every major FO company and these are second to none, OOB of course, but I have a feeling I am not going to be disappointed. The ones I got were Tiramisu, which smells exactly like the real thing; Caffe Latte, I sell a lot of coffee flavors and this is by far, OOB, the best I have purchased. You can smell the cream, cinnamon and coffee in beautiful porpotions, absolutely perfect; Apple Crisp, wonderful, I can smell cinnamon, apples, and crust, just beautiful; Hydrangea, exact duplicate to the true flower, and Black Cherry which is so strong and true. These oils are fabulous. I cannot wait to unmold and burn them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info....I'm definitely interested in hearing how they perform and in what type of wax. Also, how are the FO's packaged, glass or pet bottles. I looked on the website and could not find this info...

Thanks

Brenda

I am happy for you Sassy. I make a few different wax blends and all his FO's throw wonderfully....which I know you will see or should I say smell....LOL...I have also tried it in his light pink and vanilla precolored wax and the burn is awesome....Good luck.....I know these products will definitely catch your customers eyes and nose....they have with mine.:yay:

Received my FOs last week and was very impressed as well! :yay: They were nicely packed and came in white HDPE bottles, which I prefer.

I got Cedar Patchouli, Powdered Sugar, Lemon Lime, Apple Crisp, Spearmint and a few others, I haven't poured yet.

I use J233 for my candles and a parrafin blend for my tarts. The only one I've wicked so far was the Cedar Patchouli. I've only made tarts with the others.

Had to wick up one on the CP but it burned and threw beautifully. Very unique scent. Reminds me of a mans cologne.

The Powdered Sugar is wonderful! Has a slight bakery note to it though. I'll probably call it Powdered Sugar Cookies.

The Lemon Lime is awesome and is super strong! True smelling with the lime being a little stronger than the lemon. Didn't detect any lemon pledge smell at all.

I liked the Apple Crisp but thought it was a little on the milder side. Wish there was a sharper apple note to it.

The Spearmint is totally awesome!!! SUPER strong and very realistic smelling. Sweet but not candy-ish. Very refreshing!

Received very good CS and will be ordering more. :yay:

Okay, I have the Black Cherry burning upstairs and the Apple Crisp burning downstairs. They are blowing me away!! I LOVE THEM. I smell more cinnamon and spice with the AC burning which is fine for me. My customers love cinnamon-type scents. I am getting a strong throw with it. Hot throw and cold throw is awesome. I use 4045H paraffin wax and using LX series wicks. I will be a multi-repeat customer that is for sure. I have not tested the other scents yet, but I am sure I'll be much impressed. Yes, customer service was excellent for me to. Whatever bugs there were before seem to be totally gone. Anyone waiting, don't wait too long. Those prices cannot last long!!!!! Thanks Mr. Missy!!

A quick update --- The Tiramisu, Caffe Latte, and Hydrangea are all to die for. Of note, I had to wick up a size on the Latte and the Tiramisu, but they seem to be heavier oils anyway. I can't wait to hear how well they are working for everyone else!! Please, please post your results!!

Sassyq, wondering if you've ever used Hydrangea from Candlescience and how it compares to Mr Missy's. Also if anyone tests any of Mr Missy FO's in soy, particularly C3, I'd love to hear results. Also do you know if they intend to offer samples in the future?

Thx

Brenda

i was wondering about the samples too..

i sent a email, asking about samplers, but

have not recieved a answer..

i also am interested in results of these

scents being used in gb 415..

his prices are good...but they are only good

if they work in my soy..so i hate to buy 1 lb..

I love reading everyone's reviews on this supplier.

I loved quite a few of Missy's oils and it sounds like Mr. Missy's is going to be the up and coming supplier of great fragrance oils.

Hey Mr. Missy's...if you are reading this...I finally remembered the oil from Missy's that I loved...Gold Leaf & Hydrangea. It wasn't heavy on the floral...really nice scent that I wasn't able to find anywhere else.

After 8 years I'm taking a little bit of a break from pouring...but plan to get back in the swing late summer/early fall.

I have never had Candlescience's hydrangea but I love their oils too. This hydrangea is the only one I have ever smelled and I cannot imagine one being better. It is just so true. A really gorgeous fragrance. Candlescience is hard to beat, everything I have ever gotten from them has been fantastic, but they may have met their match in Mr. Missy.

His web is www.mrmissyscandles.com He has the most awesome pottery selection I have ever seen. I am really loving his oils too!!!

I think I saw where someone said they were getting in sample bottles so I am guessing they will have them.

I get a lot of oils from Candlescience. I have never had one I did not like. I have never tried their Hydrangea but Mr. Missy's is great. I cannot imagine one being better. I think Candlescience has met its match, though, and again I love their oils.

His website is mrmissyscandles.com. He has the best selection of pottery I have ever seen.

I think someone posted earlier that they were getting sample bottles in soon so I'm guessing they are going to have them.

Oops!! this posted twice. Sorry!!

update from my previous post..

i receved a answer..

he hopes to have 2 oz. samplers listed next week..

he is waiting on lids for the 2 oz. size..

i hope he really has a good price on them..

i went thru his list and wrote down about 30 that

i would like to try..

if i get a email back from him, letting me know they are

now available..i will let you know..

Can't wait for the 2 oz samples! There are a lot of scents I want to try, great prices too. Sure hope it stays that way. The only thing I didn't care for on the site was the lack of description for many of the fragrances. Not sure why, but I like a detailed description. Hopefully he is working on this.

I got mine. I placed my order over the phone on Monday got them friday. Excellent customer service and the smell great OOB. I have not had time to test yet and won't untill after July 20. I have 3 birthdays, Fathers day and 1 out of state wedding. If I get time to do a small batch, I will post the results.

I too would LOVE to hear more reviews! I'm making my list...and I can hardly wait to try his fos! Reviews so far have been very, very favorable. Please keep 'em coming. Oh and if anyone tries his new wax...PLEASE, please post results. I'm DYING to try it! It sounds incredible! Wonder if he offers, or *will be offering, small sample bags?

Mt Annie