What is happening with Daystar??

I just discovered that a bath and body etailer "Cocoa Pink" ordered 10lbs of Marshmallow fo that was not the same and really weak from Daystar. Cocoa Pink complained but Daystar said the oil was fine (well I know it wasn't because I had the same problem.. tried to get my money back but was told "NO REFUNDS") Well Cocoa Pink insisted the F.O was bad and asked if they could return it for Daystar to inspect then Daystar refused to answer and then Banned Cocoa Pink from ordering from Daystar! Keep in mind Daystar was a huge supplier for CocoaPink

When I saw this it really urked me because I know that Marshmallow was bad.. not to mention another oil I recieved this week that is super oily (I think it has mineral oil in it) Also it has no smell its been cut so bad.

I also really rely on this supplier out of necessity because of certain oils I cannot find anywhere else.

But after hearing this I'm really Mad :angry2:

Luckily I did not order 10lbs.... I would have been Livid if I had

Has anyone else had problems with Daystar??

I have had this weak oil think occur 4 times but was told sorry nothing wrong and NO Refunds..

If it were me, I would revamp my scent line to include oils I could find elsewhere. That's horrible customer service and your customers and you shouldn't have to deal with the headache or not being able to find the products they want because of this third party.

Can you explain how your Marshmallow FO was bad? Was it light, or did it smell bad? I know I've ordered countless Marshmallow FO's from different suppliers, and every one of them were so light it was like nothing is there. So, I don't get the idea of Marshmallow FO. I'll just stick with a sweet vanilla and call it Marshmallow. ;)

So what other oil was super light and seemed to be "cut"?

I've never had problems with Daystar's oils. I've always have gotten awesome customer service and all my oils have been super strong.

Another thing... do you think Cocoa Pink would like the idea of you dragging her name into a forum for a supplier complaint? :confused:

I'd have to agree with CBE. I've ordered Daystar oils for years and not one has had a problem. Superior oils in every way. Very strong and I'm sure Stacy would know if she had any bad oils....on the other hand, she wouldn't sell them if they were.

Carrie

ETA: If you want a suggestion on another Marshmallow, try Aztec International's Toasted Marshmallow. I just love theirs and is a big seller and smells awesome! I use 6006.

I just think this is so unright to have someone trashing daystar based on thinking an oil was bad.

I had a lady one time, a big customer, tell me that one of my candles was bad...it was wildberry crisp from ky, and she said it smelled like rotten peaches and that it was turning the color of rotten peaches...this fo does discolor...

I have a no refund policy, too...

This woman wouldn't take another candle...

and she was one of my best and first customers...had she decided to ruin my business...she probably could have made a huge dent...and she realized that power, and decided it wasn't worth it for a candle...

I mean, is this really worth it? for 10 pounds of fo or 1 pound of fo, is it really worth dragging someone's name through the mud because you think the oil was bad??? Aren't we all in this together as small businesses and don't you need to find some rational kind of way to deal with this?

If she is really selling bad oils, or oils cut with mineral loil...her business is going to fail anyway...so what is the point of all this ugliness???

Not to mention the fact that Stacy is one of the best people in this business that I know.

blah....this really erks me!

I agree that it is very inappropriate to be posting second hand information, and in a very negative way. Stick to your own experiences.

I have ordered a couple dozen different oils from Day-Star, and they have all been great. No problems about service either.

The motives of the opening poster really have me wondering and scratching my head. :confused:

Daystar has been and continues to be one of my regular suppliers, as well as one of my favorite suppliers for both excellent service and quality. Never have I ever once recieved a bad FO from them or bad service. Never ever in all the two years I've been ordering from them. Stacy has always been very good to me and her FOs are top notch and strong- so strong as a matter of fact that I can get by quite well with using many of them at a lesser strength than the usual .7 oz ppo. I use with other FOs.

Hmmm...I agree with Chris that there's probably more to this story that we are not being told. :rolleyes2

MarieJeanette

She's one of five suppliers or so that I know who doesn't return emails, but I can understand why no returns on FOs. Can't control what a buyer will do/add to it or pollute it with. Now if something weren't right, I'd also think she would want a sample back or more information and something to see ... A few of them do that as well. Sometimes they send a replacement and sometimes they don't ... each has their rules or operates differently.

Heck I could never get an FO to blend for me in my application, but they weren't going to take it back and I wasn't going deal with an oil slick at the bottom of my pot. I realize it's frustrating for us buyers to get anywhere when situations like this arise.

I would have just sent her the bottle back with an explanation of your concerns. I also realize that she might not respond to you. I'm waiting two years now on something I asked about one of her fragrances.

Will say any of the oils I have from her, while they aren't knock-down great in all applications, they aren't sauced either.

Perhaps I should be more clear!! I am not saying all oils at Daystar are weak or cut. I personally love many of her oils very much!!

What I am saying is that I did receive a Marshmallow that was very weak and felt like a thick oil... (I had ordered it before and it was fine) Maybe it was a problem with the manufacturer?

But I do know it was not the same at all!!

I do regret mentioning the other company, however this whole ordeal is written in full public view on her website for everyone to see!!

It is the customer service that concerns me !! Banning someone for a legitimate complaint concerns me greatly!

I really hope this will improve because as I said I really love alot of the oils I get from her!!

I would list the 4 scents I had issues with but I have real fear I would then be banned!! Thats not a good feeling to have period...

Retro you had every right to let us know of the issue you encountered with Daystar. I don't have an issue with you telling of your associates situation as well. Just because some have great or awesome experiences that should not deflect your experience with this fo or customer service. We all should be aware of the good and bad with a particular company.

Retro you had every right to let us know of the issue you encountered with Daystar. I don't have an issue with you telling of your associates situation as well. Just because some have great or awesome experiences that should not deflect your experience with this fo or customer service. We all should be aware of the good and bad with a particular company.

I think so too. Thats what a discussion board is about. Her experience is her experience, and thats what is posted about(well her and someone else's ). Maybe everyones experience here has been wonderful with DS, Mine has so far ,but just like every business it wont be 100% perfect all the time.If you have something you think may not be right and someone else you know/see has the same problem ...well Id be posting too.

JMO

• 1 month later...

So anyway, did anyone ever get to the bottom of the marshmallow issue at Daystar? Is the soap silly marshmallow still the same as when soap silly had it? Has it changed or stayed the same?? Anyone order it lately?? I want to try some marshmallow scents and this is supposedly the best one out there so I want to know if it still is...

I think so too. Thats what a discussion board is about.

Agreed. Even if the original post isn't worded exactly like the person meant it to come across, people can keep discussing it back and forth and it will all hopefully come out. And if it happens that there really is a bad problem, I like to know so I won't lose money because of it.

Cocoa Pink has a reputation for major customer service issues. Also, the owner claimed that several scents were "exclusive" to Cocoa Pink and they were straight off Daystar's site. I was shocked when I was on her site and saw how blatant it was.

I've said that Daystar is expensive, but in light of recent experience with a crappy company, I have to say that I don't mind the prices because I know that I will get what I pay for from Stacy and all of her oils are top notch.

I think there is way more to this story, but Stacy doesn't strike me as the type that airs dirty laundry.