Our Candle line....

we've changed lables. Our first we had to much info on it had Name, email, phone. We've stoped using them an have a lable that just has our Name on it now. We havent found a "professional" lable that we really like, so these are ones I designed. I take full resposiblity for putting to much info on the first. The attached pic is of our new lable.

post-10455-13945845341_thumb.jpg

we've changed lables. Our first we had to much info on it had Name, email, phone. We've stoped using them an have a lable that just has our Name on it now. We havent found a "professional" lable that we really like, so these are ones I designed. I take full resposiblity for putting to much info on the first. The attached pic is of our new lable.

Those labels look okay.. but need to be centered on the jar in my opinion..

Was there some reason for sticking it on the jar so low?

I just looked.. the labels look the same as on the photos up further in the thread.. or maybe it's just too early for me to be looking at photos this morning lol.

Lables at the bottom was my wifes idea, but has been changed. they are in the middle now. They do look better in the middle. The original lables were the same size as return address lables. the new ones are a bit bigger. I wish I could get them on clear or a colored background. We have looked at a couple of sites that make lables for candles and they dont have anything that we like. If anyone has any suggestions on sites that sell lables or customize lables I'd certainly look. and thanks

Hey all,

Shane from Shantille's Candle Creations here. I thought I'd share some pics of our container line. My wife's become a candle making machine since she's set a date in March for her first party. questions and coments always welcome.

Hi Shane!

First off the candles are just beautiful and the colors are so different and very striking...Great job on them....

But if I may say so, I definitely would change the label if those were my jars....They do look like address labels and on the bale lid square jars they are too wide also as they wrap over the corners....On the bale jars and actually all the jars I think a nice like maybe 3" "square" label would look great. If you go with the smaller square label it won't over power the jar. And on the bale jars I would put the label on the adjacent side of the bale catch...so when you are looking at the jar you see the label and the catch to open up the jar will be on the left side or right side. And I would center the label also and not put at the bottom. She did such a beautiful job on the styles of the candles and you don't want to detract from the jar as with the labels on the jars now, they to me are distracting. Both the label and jar should compliment one another....If there is not enough time to get the correct label in time for her party, I would definitely remove those labels and just make a nice hang tag....I can't see what you did as far as design on the labels but they look pretty good even from a distance....Other than that..... beautiful job!

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings as I never meant it to sound like that, so please don't take it that way...Just want to offer a little help for the final completion as presentation is the first and lasting impression....You know what I mean?

Trappeur

Hi Shane!

First off the candles are just beautiful and the colors are so different and very striking...Great job on them....

But if I may say so, I definitely would change the label if those were my jars....They do look like address labels and on the bale lid square jars they are too wide also as they wrap over the corners....On the bale jars and actually all the jars I think a nice like maybe 3" "square" label would look great. If you go with the smaller square label it won't over power the jar. And on the bale jars I would put the label on the adjacent side of the bale catch...so when you are looking at the jar you see the label and the catch to open up the jar will be on the left side or right side. And I would center the label also and not put at the bottom. She did such a beautiful job on the styles of the candles and you don't want to detract from the jar as with the labels on the jars now, they to me are distracting. Both the label and jar should compliment one another....If there is not enough time to get the correct label in time for her party, I would definitely remove those labels and just make a nice hang tag....I can't see what you did as far as design on the labels but they look pretty good even from a distance....Other than that..... beautiful job!

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings as I never meant it to sound like that, so please don't take it that way...Just want to offer a little help for the final completion as presentation is the first and lasting impression....You know what I mean?

Trappeur

Feelings not hurt at all. We are actually learning alot from you folks. Here's pics of the lable we are using now. These are a bit shorter in length and a bit wider. They also dont have all the info that the orriginal did

post-10455-139458453822_thumb.jpg

post-10455-139458453823_thumb.jpg

post-10455-139458453824_thumb.jpg

post-10455-139458453826_thumb.jpg

Feelings not hurt at all. We are actually learning alot from you folks. Here's pics of the lable we are using now. These are a bit shorter in length and a bit wider. They also dont have all the info that the orriginal did

Wow, those candles are beautiful and I love the 2 colors she uses.....Is that a frosted jar? She really does a terrific

job! I just may have to try that.... What fragrances are they?

The labels look much better in the middle of the jars but my opinion is they are still really not the right style label....The bail jar label is in my honest opinion way too wide as it wraps around the corners of the jar and needs to have twice the amount of height (thats going with a square label)...For the bail jar I would make the label about 1/2 the width of what is on the jar now and double the height.....Have you tried using a square label for the bail jar Shane? The apoth. jar I'd try a label not as wide either and give that more height too.....

You did a great job on the label Shane....question? Where do you put the name of the scent?

Just trying to help a little Shane.....

Trappeur

Wow, those candles are beautiful and I love the 2 colors she uses.....Is that a frosted jar? She really does a terrific

job! I just may have to try that.... What fragrances are they?

The labels look much better in the middle of the jars but my opinion is they are still really not the right style label....The bail jar label is in my honest opinion way too wide as it wraps around the corners of the jar and needs to have twice the amount of height (thats going with a square label)...For the bail jar I would make the label about 1/2 the width of what is on the jar now and double the height.....Have you tried using a square label for the bail jar Shane? The apoth. jar I'd try a label not as wide either and give that more height too.....

You did a great job on the label Shane....question? Where do you put the name of the scent?

Just trying to help a little Shane.....

Trappeur

the smaller of the 2 is a frosted jar. Both are Rose Scent. The Bail jar is what we call Rozy Morning. It's 3 colors of rose (since you can buy roses in different colors). I agree that on the Bail jar the label should be more of a square, but for right now we have to work with what we have (it's all my program will print:( ) but we are looking at a new program and other lables. We both like the look of the lable on the frosted jar. when we can get it on straight:embarasse . The scent of the candles is on a handwriten lable my wife puts on the bottom along side the Warning lables. She seems to like the personal touch of it. I'm working on a stylish lable to maybe put on the lid that has the scent. I'm not sure on this just yet. I really thank you for your input. It gets me to thinking...hhmm may not be such a good idea:laugh2:.... We are really enjoying the time we are spending together doing this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shantille and Shane...

Canastota NY..I am from Boonville,NY..lol! I hope this new endevour goes well for you.I only had one suggestion..Trapp is a good friend of mine and she is very talented, I agree with her, but on the frosted jars..which I have used in the past for a spa line, I found I really liked the label to be a round one on the lid..so when someone picks up the candle they can see the label right away and it also allows the full beauty of the candle itself.Also, they will not peel your label off,thus always having your info. to order more!:smiley2: Good Luck to you both!

Kimmeroo:smiley2: