Labels

How does everyone do their labels without having to spend lots of money on minimum orders? I'd love to see your label if you wouldn't mind posting a pic. I keep wanting to change my idea but I don't know what's the most cost effective. I've ordered plain clear ones to print on my computer but then I have to by the clear spray to coat the labels so the ink won't smudge.

I use kraft labels and they got fuzzy and did sometimes smear with the ink jet. Bought a laser and now have no issues. A quality laser printer will be one of the best investments of both time and money you will make. It is really hard to keep the quality of ink jets where they need to be when you do tons of labels.. plus the cost of ink ends up eating you up too.

• 3 weeks later...

Just good example of making money on shipping. I find this a lot...the prices for items are very reasonable....so they don't make a lot on the product...but the shipping profit is guaranteed.

If I were you I wouldn't order from them and when business falls off...they'll contact you and email you to death. Pretty SAD to say the least

Just good example of making money on shipping. I find this a lot...the prices for items are very reasonable....so they don't make a lot on the product...but the shipping profit is guaranteed.

If I were you I wouldn't order from them and when business falls off...they'll contact you and email you to death. Pretty SAD to say the least

I don't understand... are you saying that Online Labels and/or Labels By The Sheet are making money off their shipping? I think you are mistaken as the charges vary depending upon location and there is no "handling" or static shipping charge on either site...

Have you used either of these companies? I have used Labels By the Sheet many times and never found their shipping costs to be anything other than actual shipping charges... :confused:

I have an inkjet as well and order from labelsbythesheet. The only time I had a real problem was printing on labels that were for a laserjet.

I let them set for a while before applying them and make sure my fingers are clean and completely dry. I have very little problem with smudges although it does happen once in a while

I use a 2"X4" clear mailing label from wally world and with a cheap print master software. I get two labels out of each one by using text boxes to half the size of the label (makes 2 2x2 labels) just copy and paste onto the other text box, save and your good to go. I use an ink jet and rarely have smudge problems. I use a Crisa tumbler and the labels look very upscale IMHO.

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...

While we're talking about labels, don't ever make a mistake when ordering from Labels by the Sheet. I had ordered 100 of each of 2 different sizes, and got the color wrong. When I asked about a return, I was told they could not be returned if the package was opened. I asked how I would know if they were the wrong color if I didn't open the package, but they would not accept them, even if I paid a restocking charge.

So I now buy from Online labels. They're less expensive too.

Fredron