Hee hee... "The Candle Lady"

Some people actually came in to my work (Wal~Mart) and asked for me. When I came out of the bakery they were like, "Are you The Candle Lady" (which I could seriously get in trouble for talking about or selling my candles while on Wal~Mart's time) and some other people have called "That Candle Lady" recently. Maybe I should change my business name????? :)

Wal-Mart, Bakery huh? I work for the same company and also in the bakery. lol Which one do you work for?

Cindy

Some people actually came in to my work (Wal~Mart) and asked for me. When I came out of the bakery they were like, "Are you The Candle Lady" (which I could seriously get in trouble for talking about or selling my candles while on Wal~Mart's time) and some other people have called "That Candle Lady" recently. Maybe I should change my business name????? :)

How did they know where you work? It's never wise to mix business with pleasure unless your boss is one of your customers. I've sold a lot of product to coworkers and bosses, but I can't imagine having a customer from outside my workplace come to my office and expect me to drop what I'm getting paid to do so I can sell to them.

If you must tell your customers where you work, perhaps you could meet them off Wal-Mart's property during your lunch break.

That's funny! That's how I came up with my forum name.....people would introduce me and tell them that I make the Cat Spring candles....and the people would say "Oh! You're the candlelady?"

I have had people call me at my work because they've asked other people how to get in touch with me...when they call I tell them to email me or call me at home.....sometimes you can't control HOW people find you....

The Candle Lady sounds like a good business name. It stands out and you get known as not only the person but the business.

I'm known as the Soap Lady at all my farmers markets even though there are others selling soap.

It's good to have person/product recognition!

I don't think being called that is uncommon. When I'm out and about, I will see some of my customers and the ones that don't know my name always say.....it's the candle lady.

I think there is actually a business up and running in the dallas area with that name also.

Candle Lady here too. That is fine with me. It could be worse. Look, these candle freaks, need their candles NOW. They are like attics. They will hunt you down, girl. Those are the customers to keep. They will be there, even if they don't have food.:yay: Tell Wal Mart that their candles are weak, and they need to carry your candles. I bet if you sent some to Bentonville, they would smell them. Better yet, go up there.

Candle Lady here too. That is fine with me. It could be worse. Look, these candle freaks, need their candles NOW. They are like attics. They will hunt you down, girl. Those are the customers to keep. They will be there, even if they don't have food.:yay:Tell Wal Mart that their candles are weak, and they need to carry your candles. I bet if you sent some to Bentonville, they would smell them. Better yet, go up there.

What? Sure, good way to lose your job in this economy.

I love attics too. They sure keep my little business hopping.

BTW, "candle lady", not a good idea blabbing where you work on a forum.

Burlington WI, I'm the donut maker!! In at 4:00 am but the nice thing is I get off at 1:00pm. & off Sundays & Mondays. It never changes like most of your job hours do there.

I was originally supposed to do donuts but ended up taking the baker's place. Two quit within a month's time. I am in at 3 every day and out by 12pm, sometimes 11 if they are cutting hours. Gives me lots of time to do candles.

BTW, "candle lady", not a good idea blabbing where you work on a forum

I thought about that after posting it but oh well. If someone is going to come after me at walmart, then so be it. I could get mugged walking out into the parking lot in broad daylight. I have been warned before though, that I could lose my job for selling candles while on the clock, that's why I am buidling some pages on my website for local orders (so no shipping charges are included) that way they can't catch me! As much as I love doing candles and have gotten a major customer base, I still need my job! LOL