Need to vent 'bout DH

I just finished a repour on my pyramid pillar and poured votives with the left over. DH was in kitchen and spilled milk right into pour pot with the wax for the votive repours!!! Ruined a good batch of basil nectarine. I even had the perfect color going as well. I think he has to go!!!! LOL!

I personally think there should be some type of day camp we could ship them off to while we're busy working on this type of thing. Similar in concept to the "Mommy's Day Out" for the kids. :yay:

My last batch of containers, my DH walks by and picks up one of the jars and tilts it to look on the bottom (don't ask me why) and melted wax went everywhere.

When my wife makes a mistake, I have to remind myself that I am not perfect either. I love her, mistakes and all. If she was perfect, she would be boring. I kinda like it that she close to perfect. Those little imperfections are what keeps it interesting and keeps me guessing. I know things can get frustrating...that's where mercy, grace and forgiveness comes in to play. What an amazing feeling when someone does something and you feel they deserve something for it, and you forgive them, smile about it, laugh, and tell them you love them. It's so freeing. You are blessed in the process and your love for that person grows in amazing ways!

I know this thread was means of venting, however it gets frustrating when the world wants to do nothing but man/woman bash, husband/wife bash.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. If we give more of it, we are likely to receive more of it.

That's my 2 cents anyway. Sorry your repour wax got ruined. I think I'd just remelt the first pours and make as many votives as possible with the good wax you have. Could be worse, he could've ruined the original before your first poured.

It's like they say, "Don't cry over spilled milk!"

Chris

I know things can get frustrating...that's where mercy, grace and forgiveness comes in to play. What an amazing feeling when someone does something and you feel they deserve something for it, and you forgive them, smile about it, laugh, and tell them you love them.
That's very nice but I go with the circus idea.

Forget selling him to the circus! Round up a bunch of his buddies (if you can tollerate it) and start your own! Make money off of him!

Use him as a side show, so everyone can point and laugh "hey look that's the doofus that poured milk into candle wax". You would make a fortune. LOL!

When my wife makes a mistake, I have to remind myself that I am not perfect either. I love her, mistakes and all. If she was perfect, she would be boring. I kinda like it that she close to perfect. Those little imperfections are what keeps it interesting and keeps me guessing. I know things can get frustrating...that's where mercy, grace and forgiveness comes in to play. What an amazing feeling when someone does something and you feel they deserve something for it, and you forgive them, smile about it, laugh, and tell them you love them. It's so freeing. You are blessed in the process and your love for that person grows in amazing ways!

I know this thread was means of venting, however it gets frustrating when the world wants to do nothing but man/woman bash, husband/wife bash.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. If we give more of it, we are likely to receive more of it.

That's my 2 cents anyway. Sorry your repour wax got ruined. I think I'd just remelt the first pours and make as many votives as possible with the good wax you have. Could be worse, he could've ruined the original before your first poured.

It's like they say, "Don't cry over spilled milk!"

Chris

Lighten up! This is just a harmless way of humorous venting between friends who understand. It's not as if she has him tied to a chair and we are all yelling at him. :tongue2:

I'd send him to the woodshed for a time out. If I sent him to the circus he wouldn't be around to change light bulbs for me. But Chris is right. We have had a round of spouse bashing lately. When mine gets on my last nerve I just ask him if there aren't fish biting someplace and shouldn't he go out and try to catch one.

Call me a Jesus freak I guess. He's changed my perspective. If you take a time out and listen to people you'll find that whether at school, at the store, and even at church you'll hear people bash and put down their spouse. That behavior is like a disease. It will corrupt a marriage relationship. I think it's one thing to vent, we all need to. I just think we should be careful not to cross the line of healthy venting into the realm of belittlement, putting down, and criticizing ones being. Look upon each other with love and you'll find that the things that once ate you up that you needed to vent about, all of the sudden don't matter and you can laugh at it instead. Life is too short. I love my wife. I want to build her up not only to herself, but to other's as well. She is awesome....and everyone knows it! I will not speak a harsh word about my wife. I'm to love her as Christ love the church. He died for it. He did not belittle it.

That's my standpoint. I'm very passionate about the marriage covenant and the purity that needs to indwell within in. I wish all would experience what I have and continue to experience. To live a life of love.....it will change you!

Today is Sunday...guess I'm in my preaching shoes!

Have a blessed day everyone! Happy candle making!!!

I'm not trying to be a stinker and light anybody up. Just trying to shine the light on a different perspective.

take care "ya'll"

Chris, I agree with you. I had the hardest time for awhile realizing how much bashing goes on in the world, since it is daily and you are in it everywhere. As a Christian also, I totally agree with what you said. Respect is hard to find.

I find that if I tell my DH what is going on, he either helps(however he can) or he stays out of the way so I can do my thing!

Like Chris, I don't want to start anything....just wanted to let Chris & others know I do agree and also mention how I handle the situation.

I know it can get frustrating!!! But remember you did have that GREAT batch!!! Love to hear what you decided to do with your batch!:smiley2:

Have a great day! :)

Well, the spilled milk in the wax yesterday was just a sign that something was very wrong with DH. He is a type 1 diabetic and his sugar was extremely high. He went and laid down after the milk incident on the bed and after about 10 mins I went in their to give him a hard time. He appeared to be ignoring me but that certainly was not the case. His sugar level was so high he became unresponsive. I had to call 911 and get him to the hospital. He is doing somewhat better today. I was just going to leave him alone since I thought he was ignoring me. If I would have left him alone he wouldn't be here today. It was a bumpy night last night because the doctors did not know if they were going to able to bring his sugar level down. Pretty stressed out especially with 3 kids 10, 4 & 2. Feel bad for venting now even thought it was in fun.:sad2:

Well, the spilled milk in the wax yesterday was just a sign that something was very wrong with DH. He is a type 1 diabetic and his sugar was extremely high. He went and laid down after the milk incident on the bed and after about 10 mins I went in their to give him a hard time. He appeared to be ignoring me but that certainly was not the case. His sugar level was so high he became unresponsive. I had to call 911 and get him to the hospital. He is doing somewhat better today. I was just going to leave him alone since I thought he was ignoring me. If I would have left him alone he wouldn't be here today. It was a bumpy night last night because the doctors did not know if they were going to able to bring his sugar level down. Pretty stressed out especially with 3 kids 10, 4 & 2. Feel bad for venting now even thought it was in fun.:sad2:

OMG!!!:sad2: I'm so glad you were able to catch the problem like you did!! I hope he is doing better and keeps getting better. I know kids are a stress! I have a 2 1/2 yr old autistic daughter, a 16 mth son, & a 7 wk old daughter....so I understand being stressed!!

You'll be in my prayers as will your family through this all!

~HUGS~

~Becca~

Oh honey, I'm so sorry! Don't feel bad for venting, it's done and over, and even if you would do it differently next time, don't waste any time feeling bad. You need to channel all that energy into taking care of your household and yourself.

I'll be praying for you and your family while your husband recuperates.