Need to vent 'bout DH

Just got back from the hospital tonite with the kids. Hubby is still having lots of problems...docs cannot get the sugars down. I thought for sure last night we were going to lose him. He has struggled for years with the diabetes and it has taken a toll. He is only 35. Just need to type out feelings right now...pretty stressed. Would love to pour some candles to relieve the stress but everytime I have tried that method I get crappy looking candles. Boys are finally in bed and maybe I will sleep tonight.

I am so sorry to hear of your trials.

I lost my mom to diabetes a few years ago. After a 5 year battle of trying to save her legs, and her life, God in His infinite wisdom and mercy took her home.

So, I understand the difficulties and fears you feel - only too well.

Damn this disease to hell - I hate it!

If the drs. he's seeing can't get his sugars under control....go to another dr....don't walk...run. Diabetes is a raging wildfire that must be kept under control. There is too much at stake.

Don't despair, if he has a good dr, he/she will figure out what is causing the instability. New meds? Vitamins? Exposure to allergens? Any dietary change? Something not routine...Anything you can think of that seems insignificant could be triggering it.

There are also some herbs that are supposed to help with sugar regulation... I don't know if you are aware of this, I was not, but Cinnamon is one.

Heart-felt prayers to you both. Stay strong.

Fern-Marie

My Dad was in his 50's when he was diagnosed with diabetes. Very hard to regulate. Although he is no longer with us (died when he wa 66) I think about Diabetes almost every day. His words ring loud in my head. "You don't want to get the diabetes" when we would talk about my weight. Research as come so far and advancements in the care and control of this disease, but for many families the toll is devastating. I remember not wanting to come home on the weekends for fear of a "diabetic episode" He would usually be in intensive care at least twice a winter. I even gave him CPR once when the ambulance came upon another accident during a very severe winter storm. Another was sent out and took over an hour to get to the house. I wouldn't wish this disease on my worst enemy. Here's hoping they can get your husbands sugar under control (and I'm sure they will). Although as scary as it is, we have to take it a day at a time and enjoy every moment. I'm sure he will be on the road to wellness soon.

Thinking of you and your family.

Sharon

Call me a Jesus freak I guess. He's changed my perspective. If you take a time out and listen to people you'll find that whether at school, at the store, and even at church you'll hear people bash and put down their spouse. That behavior is like a disease. It will corrupt a marriage relationship. I think it's one thing to vent, we all need to. I just think we should be careful not to cross the line of healthy venting into the realm of belittlement, putting down, and criticizing ones being. Look upon each other with love and you'll find that the things that once ate you up that you needed to vent about, all of the sudden don't matter and you can laugh at it instead. Life is too short. I love my wife. I want to build her up not only to herself, but to other's as well. She is awesome....and everyone knows it! I will not speak a harsh word about my wife. I'm to love her as Christ love the church. He died for it. He did not belittle it.

That's my standpoint. I'm very passionate about the marriage covenant and the purity that needs to indwell within in. I wish all would experience what I have and continue to experience. To live a life of love.....it will change you!

Today is Sunday...guess I'm in my preaching shoes!

Have a blessed day everyone! Happy candle making!!!

I'm with you chris77........very well put! I think in today's society, too many have turned away from Jesus. Once we totaly give our lives over to Christ, everything changes! It's really not about us, it's about HIM and once we turn everything over to HIM we look at things in Love, our whole perspective does change. And hey, sometimes we need a little preaching, so keep those shoes close........ :grin2:

Just got back from the hospital tonite with the kids. Hubby is still having lots of problems...docs cannot get the sugars down. I thought for sure last night we were going to lose him. He has struggled for years with the diabetes and it has taken a toll. He is only 35. Just need to type out feelings right now...pretty stressed.

I will be adding your hubby and all of you to my prayer list.

Love and God BLess!

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Between us and his doc we think we figured out what happened. First of all my husband wears a insulin pump which can easily give you a false sense of wellness because you are continually getting insulin delivered. BUT the insulin in his pump was no good. We believe it got froze in the fridge because many times than not my kids like to mess with the temp controls. He did get to come home today so that is good news!

goosebay I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear what happened to your DH. Mine is also type 1 & on a pump too. (just got a new Minimed) Please don't beat yourself up about what happened, I do that all the time. One time DH's sugar was low while he was sleeping he was snoring up a storm really bad. I was so mad at him because he wouldn't stop snoring that I went downstairs to get some sleep. It wasn't until he stoped snoring (I could still hear him downstairs) that I realized his sugar might be low. By that time I had to call 911 & felt like the worst wife that ever lived. You know the old saying do as I say not as I do, so don't blame yourself OK. I love my DH to death but of all his fault the only one I would change if I could would be to give him a working pancreas. I'm glad your DH is doing better, give him a big hug then if he's up to laughing & being teased about it give him a small punch in the arm for me & tell him **I** said check your blood sugar more. (only if he's up to laughing about it though)

I hope he's doing OK, oh & btw just incase we didn't have enough in common my kids are 10,(DS) 4,(DD the princess of the family) and 2(DS)

Karen B

Oh BTW just wanted to help too. If you haven't thrown out the wax yet try pouring the wax on a cookie sheet & let it set up there. If its container wax maybe put some wax paper under it. the wax & the water/milk should all seperate. I have a "friend" that maybe might have gotten some water in her wax trying to get the pillar in her water bath. In order to salvage the wax that's what "she" did. :tiptoe: Just remember it wasn't **ME** really it was a "friend" :)

Karen B ( who doesn't do waterbaths for her pillars anymore)

I hope all works out O.K. for your husband. All the previous bantering was just us having fun and trying to lighten the mood. No one meant any offense to anyone and I don't think that most took it that way. Life is just too short to get offended or hurt by certain things. Just know that no one meant to offend or intended to "bash" anyone in any way.

I am just here to offer my prayers...My husband is noted for taking my mold and shaking it to release it on to the floor...I just look up and smile..I love him so much it isn't improtant what he does to my candle...He doesn't do it on purpose and is afraid now to touch,not because,I fuss..He knows how much work goes into it...I do pray and wish you all well. Poor man. I sure hope he is feeling better. God Bless...