Karma experiment etc

Scented

Refigured my recipe (probably shouldn't have done a whopper batch for me, but did) to go lower on my value for coconut and actually got a bar thats harder a little quicker. Ended up reducing the amount of lye I use by another 10g. Curious what the feel will be like. Hit the sb a little too long, but at least most of the bars haven't muddied as much this time using yellow, neon orange, double dose of true blue, apple pop green, tomato red, purple neon and a little charcoal (gosh that stuff is kind of fun to play with.)

[ATTACH]15990[/ATTACH]

Nothing big on the next one. SS Bella Muse. Want to see if pearl white shiny mica stuff shows up. Starting to run out of sparkles Carrie lol.

[ATTACH]15988[/ATTACH]

Batch of Kojiki. I just happen to like the swirls. Tried true green (pretty sure), cherokee red (think it turns a little cinnamon in color, not red cinnamon), burgandy oxide and electric kiwi. Four smaller bottles of SS colors to go before I can break open more of the 4oz bottles. Just hate that there aren't many uses for marmalade and false blue.

[ATTACH]15989[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458448873_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458448874_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458448876_thumb.jpg

Piece by piece it's coming out, relatively easy. I'm just out of soap space and trying to figure out where to put them.

Well it's no wonder you're out of room...you've been a soapin fool lately! I'd have run my family out by now. lol Your soaps are all beautiful...keep the pics coming.:yay:

WOW Scented...you HAVE been a soaping fool lately.

Glad you have though because I've been loving the pics of all of your soaps.

ALL of them are gorgeous...I don't think I could pick a favorite. I would buy one of each. :)

Maggie

Those wanting to see the bars out of the mold ...

here ya go

[ATTACH]15992[/ATTACH]

Definitely got to reduce the recipe from 7 lbs to something less. Majority of the bars are between 6-7 ozers. But surprisingly, the colors seem to have held. Might be something to not forcing gel.

post-23-139458448881_thumb.jpg

What was that your running outta room, plenty of room over here tee hee LOL.

Your soaps have the most gorgeous colors I have ever seen, how do u get them not to sink or blend together? Do u get your colors from tradewinds are they ok to order from I have heard good and bad?

One word sums up your soaps WOW!! :)

Thanks!

Bubbletub, the last time I did karma it got muddied on top because I couldn't leave it alone. You could look at Grumpy's salt bar tutorial for some swirling.

The colors are a combo of Select Shades (from Tradewinds) and TKB neons and micas and the black is charcoal.

Thanks scented I am going to go order some colors from select :)

Grumpy girls tutorial really helped me see the process thanks, I have one question everytime I stop to add my colors to the soap which is probably 30 seconds my soap has thickened lots, I use a stick blender should I stop using the sb, my recipe has shea & cocoa so iam sure its making it move at a pretty rapid rate too. I try to mix my lye and oils at 110 does that sound ok too? Sorry for all the questions :embarasse newbie in the house lol.

I work at ultra cool. Three batches I did this a.m. sat overnight and were in the mid-60 range. I wouldn't use your sb a lot ... You only have to gun it a couple of times to get the action started and then start dividing colors. I use a whisk beater to get the colors mixed quickly and then move on.

My neons are from TKB Trading. You may find you really like those. I have select shades (which you can get neon out of the colors by adding titanium dioxide lol) and I use that from Southern Soapers. I've been trying a couple of her oxides, but not the neons. I have enough neon to go on a binge for awhile lol.