getting a new printer What is yours and why?

beloved

I use a Espon Inkjet C88+. It is the cheapest printer that espon has but it makes fantastic labels. The ink is called Dura Brite Ultra. The printer uses 4 cartridges. (black, yellow,magenta, cyan) The ink isn't expensive. The main reason I love this printer is I can put a candle jar through my dishwasher and the label will come out looking like it was just printed and put on the jar.

So for me it's EPSON

I have an Epson CX9400. The main reason I use Epson is, like BeagleBaby said is the ink does not run. I make primitive crafts in addition of my tarts and rosehip blends. I dye all of my labels in a coffee solution to age them AFTER they are printed. Never had one run yet.

Nancy

Dell Laser 3110CN. Has a MONSTER footprint (business level) and weighs a lot but I LOVE it.

I've had it for over a year and have yet to replace the toners it came with, (they ship with full cartridges, many others use "starter" ones) and it's very fast, although it sounds like a jet when warming up!

e

I use a Espon Inkjet C88+. It is the cheapest printer that espon has but it makes fantastic labels. The ink is called Dura Brite Ultra. The printer uses 4 cartridges. (black, yellow,magenta, cyan) The ink isn't expensive. The main reason I love this printer is I can put a candle jar through my dishwasher and the label will come out looking like it was just printed and put on the jar.

So for me it's EPSON

I use this same printer and it does print great pictures/graphics....better than Kinko's. I am thinking of getting a laser printer so it is not as expensive for ink. But, I am concerned that the pictures/graphics will not be as good a quality....unless I buy a really expensive one.

Dell Laser 3110CN. Has a MONSTER footprint (business level) and weighs a lot but I LOVE it.

I've had it for over a year and have yet to replace the toners it came with, (they ship with full cartridges, many others use "starter" ones) and it's very fast, although it sounds like a jet when warming up!

e

How does the quality compare with the ink jets for pictures? I have heard that ink jets create the best quality in pictures, but man, the ink cost kills me.

We had a Dell Photo All-in-One, but the hubby lost the power cord when we moved. Dell wanted $60 for a replacement. BLAH TO THAT!

We went out a few days ago at got a Lexmark for $38.00 at chinamart. It has a scanner and what not, and the print quality is just as good if not better than the Dell laser we had. Not to mention, the ink is a hell of a lot cheaper, especially if you get refills at Walgreens for $10.00.

In buying a new printer, analyze your needs. If you do mostly a lot of B&W printing, a laser is best. If you do mostly color photos, a color laser is nice but an inkjet is cheaper. I buy Canons for this purpose because of ink costs and because you can see through the clear cartridge to know if you are really out of ink. If you are doing color labels, probably the Epson is a better choice. Also, ask any IT person and they will tell you never to use generic or refilled ink or toner cartridges. It is not if but when the generic or refill will trash your printer. I've seen it happen too many times. HTH. Coconut

In buying a new printer, analyze your needs. If you do mostly a lot of B&W printing, a laser is best. If you do mostly color photos, a color laser is nice but an inkjet is cheaper. I buy Canons for this purpose because of ink costs and because you can see through the clear cartridge to know if you are really out of ink. If you are doing color labels, probably the Epson is a better choice. Also, ask any IT person and they will tell you never to use generic or refilled ink or toner cartridges. It is not if but when the generic or refill will trash your printer. I've seen it happen too many times. HTH. Coconut

It would be mainly for B&B lables. It would be nice to have an all in one but it is meant for B&B. I am just starting out on selling and need all the info and help i can get. Thanks to a lot of folks on the form I feel I can do this. Instead of being a chicken. Thank so much

Brother 440-cn it's networkable (have 4 PCs the print to it plugged into my router) the ink is cheap, it's a multi-function machine. It prints, scans, copies, and faxes. It was on sale :laugh2:

I was hoping to find someting great on sale;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenia viewpost.gif

e

How does the quality compare with the ink jets for pictures? I have heard that ink jets create the best quality in pictures, but man, the ink cost kills me.

I would like to know too. Thanks so much for every one that responed

I have a kodak easyshare 5100 all-in-one printer and I LOVE IT! Not to mention I got it on sale @ woot.com I think I paid $69 =$5 for shipping not to mention you can get a multi pack of ink both black & colored for $17 they say on the box that the price will never go up...hopefully thats true LOL but my dad even liked it so he went out and bought one too :D

I have an Epson Stylus CX7400 inkjet, just got it to replace an HP that sucked. IMO, the inking is awesome with it. I am still using the the same cartridges about 1000 color photo labels later. I also like the versatility of being able to replace a low color instead of having to trash the whole cartridge itself with I have no more blue.

With my old HP, I had to change about 6 settings to get the right labels to print pretty without smushing and smearing.

Not a single issue since getting the Epson and I got it for $75.

Another Epson user here. We have a CX4450 and an older CX3810 and have never had issues with either one. The Durabrite waterproof ink and the individual cartridges are what initially sold me. Will never go back to Lexmark printers.

We have the HP inkjet which makes beautiful lables for candles, not so great for B&B unless you print the lables and then krylon them. We're about to invest in a laser printer.

We'll probably keep both printers up and running, but use the inkjet only for faxing, photocopying and candle lables.

I have 2 epsons that I use. The one is an Epson Stylus Photo R1900 because I do art prints, and it can print glossy, matte, luster and I can use canvas and fine art paper with it, and the other is an Epson Stylus CX7000F. I use the CX7000F for everything else and love it.

I've got an HP Inkjet. It is my second HP printer and I'm happy with it. Does more than I need it to do (fax, etc.). So funny, but beyond just the basic printing, my favorite is that I can copy. It is old news in the technology world, but I'm continually happy that I can make my own copies at home. ;)

my sister just recently got a kodak all-in-one. the one that's priced closer to $200. the ink cartridges are only $10 each and they last a really long time--think about it you can't be printing pics and constantly running out of ink. it seems to be really good for her so far. so when I shell out money for a new printer I think I may go that way.