Help....Looking for a busienss name...for me

tootie04

Ok, Since we have finally settled here in Oregon I need a name!! I make soap and soy candles, but that does not have to be in the name.

I live on the Oregon coast. It rains alot here.

We have mountians and the sea.

lots of pine trees

The name Tillamook means "land of many waters"

my nick name is tootie

my real name is Patricia

I am looking for something different and unusual....not asking for much.... innocent.gif

I will have a sort of upscale look kinda in the middle my colors will be Emerald Green and Black.

Our trucking business (we no longer have) was Two Bratz Express. I had thought of using Two Bratz something...but I am thinking Bratz is too close to the Bratz dolls??...

Anyone have any suggestions...

I was thinking Scentual.....something....I dont know...

I also posted this over at the Dish....I know some here dont post there and some there dont post here....

TIA

tootie

combining your name with your nickname: patootie candles

tillamook: I usually like local names, but this doesn't ring 'upscale' to me

two bratz: not upscale, gimmicky for candles, etc.

scentual: agree with sockmonkey... don't delete my thread for saying that, please

When I think 'spa' or 'upscale', I think something short and elegant. Not overdone, not hard to say, something that is smooth and rolls off the tongue. I think a hidden cabin, deep in the lush forest... the sun peeking through the pine boughs and dancing along the rough-hewn boards. Catching a hint of the sea spray, mixing with the rich smell of the woods and the freshness of the wildflowers and grass. So... Hidden Cabin?

combining your name with your nickname: patootie candles

tillamook: I usually like local names, but this doesn't ring 'upscale' to me

two bratz: not upscale, gimmicky for candles, etc.

scentual: agree with sockmonkey... don't delete my thread for saying that, please

When I think 'spa' or 'upscale', I think something short and elegant. Not overdone, not hard to say, something that is smooth and rolls off the tongue. I think a hidden cabin, deep in the lush forest... the sun peeking through the pine boughs and dancing along the rough-hewn boards. Catching a hint of the sea spray, mixing with the rich smell of the woods and the freshness of the wildflowers and grass. So... Hidden Cabin?

How about?

Hidden Cabin's Soaps 'N Soy

Tillamook's Treats

Hidden Cabin's Cupboard

I like the suggestions so far!

Over at the Dish they came up with TootieMook, I like it, but it is not quite as upscale as I would like. The market here is Moderate Upscale. Lots of tourists from all over the world. When you come here you think...natural, green, wild, free, fresh.

Hidden Cabin sounds nice....I really like that one. I picture the same thing....cabin in the woods, by the sea. (yes you can be in the woods AND by the sea here in Oregon!!) Peaceful, Green, wet kinda rainforest like.

My old name was Whispering Pines I am not against keeping that name either.

tootie

Your real name is elegant. Patricia.

Patricia comes from ancient roman empire, PATRIZIO (masculine) PATRIZIA (feminine) PATRIZI (plural). It meant "reach people". The "patrizi" were the reachest families in the empire.

I'd keep Patricia in the name. maybe alone. maybe with something else, but still elegant, and not too long...

Still can't figure it out, but I'd like a simple Patricia's. Imagine it written with an elegant and subtle font.

I'd leave out any reference to Tootie (more confidential) and tillamook (I'm not american, but this doesn't sound as an upscale word to me LOL).

Patricia's Dream, maybe.

LOL ok, I'm done LOL

Your real name is elegant. Patricia.

Patricia comes from ancient roman empire, PATRIZIO (masculine) PATRIZIA (feminine) PATRIZI (plural). It meant "reach people". The "patrizi" were the reachest families in the empire.

I'd keep Patricia in the name. maybe alone. maybe with something else, but still elegant, and not too long...

Still can't figure it out, but I'd like a simple Patricia's. Imagine it written with an elegant and subtle font.

I'd leave out any reference to Tootie (more confidential) and tillamook (I'm not american, but this doesn't sound as an upscale word to me LOL).

Patricia's Dream, maybe.

LOL ok, I'm done LOL

That is interesting....it never occured to me to use just my name...I really like that concept. Patricia's Dream is pretty and elegant...or How about Patricia's Cabin??

tootie

That is interesting....it never occured to me to use just my name...I really like that concept. Patricia's Dream is pretty and elegant...or How about Patricia's Cabin??

tootie

Honestly, I don't like this cabin thing LOL!

Now, without offense, keep in mind I am in a totally different country, so I can't understand a lot of your uses. But I see too much cabins, pine trees, rivers, pampers, treats in business names I read on here! Maybe there is common to make a geographical reference, and since here it's not so, I can't understand.

I don't like Patricia's Cabin but the business is yours! Mine was just a suggestion.

What about Patricia's Secret? or after VS you can't use it?

Patricia's Place... more generic.. and misterious. I don't know. But your real name is wonderful and elegant! Good luck!

ETA hey, Patricia's Elegance!!!b Patricia's Spa (SPA is a term for thermal baths also, and what a coincidence, ancient romans used thermal baths, and they built great places for those)

Coastal Dreams

Emerald Dreams

Ocean Breeze

Coastal Breeze

Green Mountain

Emerald Mountain

Ocean Forest

Good ones Stella... I like Ocean Forest and Emerald Dreams this is gonna be harder than I thought....so many possibilities!!

tootie

Ok, I was just visiting this thread for the first time and when I got to the end of it, with all the 'Patricia' suggestions- made me think of Patricia's Place by the Sea, or Patricia's Seaside Cabin of Gifts-

Plain ol Patricia's Place or Patricia's Cabin

When it comes to our Oregon coast, I like names with 'Nook' in them. Like Patricia's Nook or Patricia's Nook by the Mook :D ( I happen to really like that one, but it may not be 'upscale' enough.. but you could make it so with the right font, etc)

Patricia's by the Sea

Forest Waves Candle & Bath Co.

Emerald Waves '' ''

Coastal Pines

Ocean Pines

I live in Oregon, I could go on and on and on and...:cheesy2:

Oregon's Essence

Ocean Essence

Coastal Essentials

O.E. Candles and Soap (OE could stand for one of the names at the top)

H2O Soap and Candles

Essence of Oregon

Seaspray Soap and Candles

Windy Pine

Rain Escentuals

Rain Soap and Candles

(Ok, I think I'm liking the name Rain, that could be upscale or not)

Rainfall Essence

Well its a start anyway!

You guys are NOT making this easy!! I love some of the names you all have came up with. I am going to write down my favs today and try to decide by the weekend.

The Farmers Market starts here in June and I need to try to be somewhat organized by then....business cards, logo, lables....you know the whole bit.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I will have to send you a nice gift if I use your suggestion.:cheesy2:

tootie

ok, here's my stab ... I wish I had pictures though because I'm not sure I can describe what I see in my mind!!

Name: Evergreen & Emerald (or vise versa)

now here's the tricky part ... the logo would be 2 fancy scripted capitol E with the & symbol in the middle. One of the E's (the 2nd one) would be backward so the whole thing formed an image like a butterfly. ( E&E ~ that 2nd one being flipped)

The slogan would be something to the affect of:

Take your senses to new heights (referring to the butterfly flying over the evergreens/pine trees)