Help with a FO Request

cybersix

Hi, can you help me finding three fos?

I searched on the net but maybe I can't find anything because of my poor translation...

One scents should be like marseille (sp? )

One should be like disinfectant, the third is mooore difficult, I hope I can explain.. they are searching for a scent like a room that never gets opened, a "closed room" smell I hope you can understand.. like when you never let fresh air enter..

:shocked2:

Is there something???

TIA

Hmm, not sure what Marseille would smell like! As far as disinfectant, are we talking a lemony smell or more like the sharp, bitter disinfectant smell? I used a Lemon Verbena by BCN that smelled like lemon cleaner. Now the room that never gets opened... sounds like it could almost be a patchouli/oakmoss kind of smell? A damp and musty scent?

-Kristi

I thought I saw a fragrance called "Hope Chest" not sure what it smells like but wouldnt that be like having something closed for a long time. I remember my mothers hope chest that smelled like cedar with other scents in there.

The place that has the "Hope Chest" FO is Natures Garden

Hmm, not sure what Marseille would smell like! As far as disinfectant, are we talking a lemony smell or more like the sharp, bitter disinfectant smell? I used a Lemon Verbena by BCN that smelled like lemon cleaner. Now the room that never gets opened... sounds like it could almost be a patchouli/oakmoss kind of smell? A damp and musty scent?

-Kristi

As for the disinfectant I don't know. I suppose it should be a real disinfectant.

I have to call the customer but it's 10 PM here, so I thought I'd start to search for something useful!

Hi Sabrina,

When I think of a soapy smell, I think immediately of Lavender. As for disinfectant, the only think that comes to mind is lemon or pine, like lemon pledge dust spray or pine-sol. I"m stumped on the closed room smell, sorry!!

Hi Sabrina,

When I think of a soapy smell, I think immediately of Lavender. As for disinfectant, the only think that comes to mind is lemon or pine, like lemon pledge dust spray or pine-sol. I"m stumped on the closed room smell, sorry!!

thanks!

they already chosed clean cotton.. thne the marseille scent is really characteristc.

for a closed room I don't know if it's a good familiar scent or a stinky one. better wait tomorrow morning an call!

Closed room would be a musty scent ... not to be confused with musky ... however ... you might be able to create a musty scent with an uneventful musk and something else.

I need more description of what they're looking for on the other scents. If you just want something that smells like laundry soap ... hey there's an Irish Spring scent out there. Not sure what other brands may have been duped.

As for a disinfectant smell ... our lysol and whatnot are all fragranced and don't smell rank any more.

http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/candlemaking-soap-supplies/category.cgi?&category=382&start=36

Nature's Garden has quite a few Downey and Gain Duplicates(Laundry Softener & detergent brand names). They had to change the names though so the only way to know if it's a dupe is to see if it has a "Proctor & Gamble" disclaimer in the description.

Indiana Candle Supply also has a great dupe of April Fresh Downey

http://www.candlesupplys.us/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=685

Hello and thanks to all. I just talked to the customer, they chose clean cotton for laundry/clean smell, so the quest for marseille soap is ended.

Still don't know for the closed room smell. It must be something dusty, musty.. I'll try some of your suggestions, thanks!

ahhh I was forgetting about disinfectant... I have sage lemongrass from peak and it reminds me of a detergent... or cool citrus basil.. I don't like it... or good looking cowboy, my sis tells me it smells like dentist disinfectant!!!

• 3 months later...

lemon eucalyptus smells EXACTLY like lemon Pledge for a medicinal/disinfectant scent.

I also think that ginger EO (NOT fresh ginger) smells very musty and carries over in my soaps.

Did you ever find what you needed?