Turkey Fryer...WOWZA!!

OMG!! Can I tell you how much I love this new gadget of mine!! I bought this several months ago and it has been sitting in the box. Well we have been moving things around and I now have a seperate candle room (just a for the candle stuff...soap and b&b have it's own area too) And I set this up yesterday and boy does it simplify everything. I poured tester after tester last night and didn't have to stand around and wait for more wax to melt in my presto pots. I can't wait to go down and play with it some more today! It helps so much in streamlining the candle pouring process. I hope they get them in again this year so I can pick up a couple more! Waiting to hear if they work good for soap oils also!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LightofDawn

Kymber,

Please tell me more... Brand, size, cost and such. I've seen these mentioned before but have not yet looked into them.

Thanks a bunch

Dawn

Kymber,

Please tell me more... Brand, size, cost and such. I've seen these mentioned before but have not yet looked into them.

Thanks a bunch

Dawn

Here is a link, electric turkey fryer, not the pot kind that sits over an lp tank

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-2437619-5079168?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=electric+turkey+fryer

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my turkey fryer!! I still use my presto pot as well, but I was in heaven when I got my fryer. I use my presto for soy since I dont do as much with soy as I do with 4630 that I keep in the fryer.

I am now wondering why I didn't set this up months ago. I do my own blending of waxes and it is a breeze masterbatching it in this huge turkey fryer and saves so much time. I want another one!

Guest LightofDawn

Oh No :drool: Another item I will have to add to my wish list. That looks awesome. Digital heat controls and a pour spout, Oh my.

Thanks for the link perkyaim99.

Dawn

I just got another - this makes 3 - turkey fryer from linens and things for 50.00. it was on clearance and they had about 5 or 6 of them. I also had a coupon. i think w/o the coupon it was 70.00

might be worth a look at your local store

I could not live without my turkey fryer!

Nancy

why oh why oh why don't we have anything like this in the UK!!

I've recently 'come into' a deep fat fryer which is like that, but theres no spout on the front. Although I'm going to use mine for orbs :)

When you use these and presto pots, do you add your colour and fragrance to the turkey fryer? or do you pour the melted wax into something else, say a jug, and mix it from there?

Ooooh ooh ooh I have one, too! My DH saw it on sale and asked me if I wanted him to buy it for me! Of course I said yes! ;)

I pour the melted wax into a pour pot and add my FO and color there -- the wax is plenty hot enough, but if I want to keep the temp up a little or reheat, I just stick it in a pot of water (double-boiler style).

• 1 month later...

Just ordered one online from Linen and Things for $99.99. I also found this coupon code FFOCT07 for 25% off. After shipping and tax $92 and change..... Just enter the coupon code during checkout before putting in your credit card.....

A friend was recently in U.S & he bought me 2 Presto Pots & brought them over here without having to pay shipping or customs.....all legal!

All I need now is a transformer & I'm good to go...........ooooo I'm so excited!!!!

I know they aren't as big as a turkey frier but they are miles better than a double boiler.

Sally.

I just got one and used it this week for the first time. Man - It is wonderful. I love my presto pots and will continue to keep them full also for smaller jobs but for really pouring and not having to keep refilling presto - I love it:yay:

I found a huge presto pot I think it holds 35 lbs. and my eyes popped out of my head until I looked closer and noticed the heating element is removeable and sits inside the presto pot. I want it, but I don't know if that is safe... I wonder if DH could attach it underneath the presto pot...Hmmmm.

With the turkey fryer the unit is detachable and the open coils sit inside the pot. It is no problem. Just first time you use it you pour your melted wax in the pot to cover the coils good and then turn it on and thereafter just always keep coil covered with wax. The temp holds very good on 200.

You don't want the coils underneath. Don't think it would get hot enough. It is safe. With the turkey fryer it has the spout on it.

so is the turkey fryer like the presto pot just on a larger scale of one? I love the look of that one in that look and the controls look so easy to get to rather then behind on the bottom

Basically yes...only MUCH better! I started using the 4627 which is a PITA to handle but with this I add the entire 25# at one time...just slit the bag down the sides, peel it off, dump it in upside down and peel the rest of the bag off the bottom...easy peasy! I am buying another one to have full of my soy wax. With my presto pots I was forever standing around waiting for more wax to melt...this really cuts down the pouring time!