Candlescience NEW Fragrance Reviews

jakalex

I have been a little slack lately on posting fragrance reviews. Here are a few of the new ones I have tested and my results.

Would love to here your reviews also!

CB135

7.5% FO

8oz SQ. Mason

48 Hour Cure Time

Hot Throw Scale

1-5, 5 being the strongest

Spiced Wassail NEW!

Love this one! Smells like spicy juicy fruit gum!

White Tea and Berries NEW!

Great clean scent. Will be adding this one to my spring line.

Very Vanilla NEW!

I have not put this one in wax but the OOB is amazing! Would love to here reviews on this one! I hope to pour a tester this weekend.

I have had excellent results in eco pure with the very vanilla, had 2 people tell me it made their whole house smell wonderful. Same with the Spiced Wassil, a couple of guys burn it at their shop and told me they can still smell it the next morning. I keep thinking I want to try a new supplier, but CS seems to always be good, same with Peaks. I also use 8 oz square masons and a 48 hour cure time.

Lovin CS

Natalie

• 1 month later...
I too love the Very Vanilla.. good throw. .Really turned my CB135 brown though. And I have had to wick up 2 sizes.. curious if anyone else has had to wick up that much. (CD10 ---> CD14)

R.S.,

I too have trouble w/vanilla's turning my CB135 brown- :angry2: grrr! It doesn't matter who's vanilla it is. I wonder if anyone else has come across this and had any success.

Also, about the wicking question with Very Vanilla, I mostly use 8oz frosted tumblers and 16 oz apoths. For the the tumblers I use a CD12 and for the apoths I double wick w/2 12's. HTH

Kathy

I'm ok with the brownish shade, it is what it is. I too use tumblers (7.5 oz) but didn't care for the CD12 it burned ok at the bottom, but too much hang up getting to the bottom of the candle. And flame in the middle almost died out.

I've tested Very Vanilla, Spiced Wassail and White Tea and Berries with C3. All had great cold and hot throw. My favorite is definitely the White Tea and Berries.

As for the Very Vanilla, I did have to wick up. I typically can use ECO10's in my 16oz mason with most scents but with this one, I went up to a ECO12 with good results.

• 2 weeks later...

GL Antahallia Vanilla is a good one, I've had vanilla haters like this one. It has a good throw also. But it will turn a little brown also. Just thought I'd throw that in even tho it isn't the vanilla your talking about. But its a keeper!