** What's in your holiday pot this week/end? **

Well, my mom wants a couple mandarin plum (from peak) candles, and my oldest daughter wants some nag champa candles.

So I'll be pouring those this morning and then putting together some really nice gift baskets/sets for them both.

That is, IF I can find my scale. I put it SOMEWHERE out of the way while cleaning up for my open house and now can't find it. UGH! Where could I have put that thing?!

LOL, hopefully nothing! Or are you going to take a well deserved break and not think about candles and/or soap for awhile?

We're driving to California Sun for the holidays, so for me it's just finishing up 5 gift baskets.

Have a great holiday season - take care!

Does mulled wine count? :P

It has been raining here for the past couple days, hopefully it clears up by the time you get here! Have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday!

Well, I thought nothing candle-wise would be going on this weekend but I was looking at my Christmas decorations last night and realized I needed some tealights. So now I'm sitting here in a bathrobe trying to decide which is more trouble -- trudging into town to buy a bag of the cheapo ones or heating up the wax and pouring them myself. Heating up the wax is going to win out, though, because I can do that in the bathrobe.

Heating up the wax is going to win out, though, because I can do that in the bathrobe.

I'm with you there:cheesy2:

I lied in my previous post...well kinda, sorta. Thought I was thru pouring candles but got a last minute order for a doz pillars -- some Nags & some fruity ones - that should make my house smell unique!!

I was going to pour up a few containers of new scents to play with, but got a call for another order tonight. I made it right away though as I have other NON candle stuff to do this weekend! I did make a candle that I thought would frost badly but tempered the wax, and I made single wicked in an apoth (soy). So it's my "candle impossible"... heavy fo, lots of dye... should be a fun experiment... :P

-Kristi

The house is done, my customers are done so my daughter who has been asking for a simple white pillar is going to get 5 of them. She hates the candles I pour for my customers, she wants a plain pillar, just white..so she's getting one in vs pink, vs halo, vs dream, vs divine and I can't remember the last scent..lol...my son wants a vintage key wind coffee can candle..he lost his on his last move so I'm thinking vanilla almond latte to fill the vintage coffee can. I think it's kinda flattering when a 26 year old and a 33 year old put candles on their christmas list. Last night in super walmart I was trying to figure out what to buy for the kids stockings..I mean look how old they are...anyone else still do stockings for their adult children? I ended up with summer's eve douche and for my son, who I don't even want to think about having a s*x life I bought condoms..these were gag gifts to go along with their yearly PEZ dispensers.

I just made my first palm piller. It's downstairs cooling. Wonder how long I have to wait to unmold..... :whistle: It's about time I actually made a candle for me!!!!!!! I poured a bunch of tarts too, but the pillar makes me excited. Wish me luck that I don't ruin it trying to unmold too soon.

As far as baking goes, I have to make one more batch of cutouts, the 200 or so I made went in gift baskets. We decided to make our own gift baskets this year for BF's customers instead of Hickory Farms or Harry & David. They were a huge hit. Customers have called and said they were the best gift baskets they had ever received hands down. I asked him if he'd ever got those calls on years before, he said no. Woooooo hooooooo!! Oh yeah and of course, a candle went in each one!!

Anyway, everyone have a great Christmas!!

Last night in super walmart I was trying to figure out what to buy for the kids stockings..I mean look how old they are...anyone else still do stockings for their adult children? I ended up with summer's eve douche and for my son, who I don't even want to think about having a s*x life I bought condoms..these were gag gifts to go along with their yearly PEZ dispensers.

LOL at the gag gifts!

Not only does my grown daughter get stocking goodies-her younger sis and bro do of course(and of course my two grandkids)- but hubby does, my MOM AND my Grandma do also!

Stocking goodies are a HUGE deal in our family! I actually think everyone

Looks forward to stocking stuff more than anything else!

On Christmas buffet Breakfast for the family and invited guest first, then some greens, yams, baked beans, mac and cheese, corn bread, ham, cheesecake, salad.

Oh you meant candles...lol

I still have doggone orders coming in - not complaining just suprised.

Candied Apple

Lick Me All Over

Country Splendor (christmas splendor)

Mulberry

Butter Cream Crunch

Sugar Cookies

Chestnuts and brown sugar

Mango and Papaya.

I have but 2 poured and I will finish those up in the morning then I am not touching another pour pot until wednesday night.