FYI: Buck Lure FO from Candlechem

racolvin

Completely and utterly REEKS!

OMG I dunno how I got talked into making one of these candles but oh my heavens what a stench.

If anyone ever asks you for a candle that smells like Deer Pee and you just *have* to try it, this is a good one but be prepared to air out your workshop for a week after making them.

And for heavens sake, if you make candles in your home or basement, don't do it!

I can't get the smell off my hands! Had to clean out my pour pot with like a dozen paper towels and I can still smell it on my hands. I washed them like 3 times with soap, then with vinegar, then soap again and it's STILL there!

Kill me ... kill me now

A couple of years ago I got the bright idea that I would get some of that and make it up into sprays for the hunters and sell it. Of course I knew I would do well as I could beat the store prices by a long shot. NEVER AGAIN! I started mixing the sprays up in my kitchen and I about threw up. It smelled like a heard of dear urinated in my house :(

This is quite a good little money maker for those of you who wish to try it next hunting season, but do not allow the stuff indoors - do it outside and multi bag it afterwards before putting it on your shelves inside!!

I'll take all the stinky lavender you can throw at me before I mess with that stuff again :P

DH and his friends hunt. We were thinking they could use the FO in a tiki torch in the fields to draw deer. Not full stregnth obviously, but diluted in the torch oil.

I dunno, would fo be compatible with tiki torch oil? If so, couldn't you make up bottles of like 90% torch oil 10% fo and then mark them up? Sure would beat the heck out of making candles with the stuff!