Palm Pillars & Votives

jakalex

I have been busy making pillars and votives for a show on Saturday. I have 6 more that are not pictured.

Hunter Green~Mistletoe

Burgundy/Purple~Cranberry marmalade

Ivory~Vanilla Bean Noel

Red~Winter Candy Apple

Olive Green~Bayberry

I used candlescience dye chips. 1 chip per pound. I should have used more on the burgundy to get a deeper color.

[ATTACH]13950[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13951[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13953[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13954[/ATTACH]

post-3991-139458438385_thumb.jpg

post-3991-139458438387_thumb.jpg

post-3991-139458438389_thumb.jpg

post-3991-139458438391_thumb.jpg

post-3991-139458438393_thumb.jpg

The show went fairly well. But....I did not sell one Palm pillar or votive! There was more country type products so my tins and mason jars sold well. Once I get back home I will update with pics.

My last show is Tuesday, maybe I will sell some palm pillars there.:undecided

Know what you mean Lisa, when people come in my shop they always look at them and say how pretty, but they don't buy. Of course I find most prefer a jar candle though I have some in jars - how pretty! but no buy. I guess it is just something they have never heard of so they don't want to try it! Maybe your next show will sell out of palm:)

The show went fairly well. But....I did not sell one Palm pillar or votive! There was more country type products so my tins and mason jars sold well. Once I get back home I will update with pics.

My last show is Tuesday, maybe I will sell some palm pillars there.:undecided

I did a show back in Oct. & sold about $90 worth of palm pillar (forevers) & my friend sold over $200 worth of masons..I guess its just the containers ppl like. The following weekend I did another show sold 3 pillars...Again ppl were saying how gorgeous, but no one bought...Don't understand...

Good luck Tuesday!!!!

P.s. I'd buy from you...if i already didn't make them...lol Yours are beautiful! What wick do you use? Just curious...i'm using 2/0 from Cierra Candles & Supplies for my 3 inch diameter & loving the little thin shell its leaving for the glow effect.