Some pretty rough looking Christmas soaps...

Christina

I made some Soaps for Christmas. I don't normally share pictures because I don't have a proper mold (just using shoes boxes and things like that) so they end up not looking to hot. And i can't get a good swirl through the middle...oh, and I make a 7 lb batch and make 4-7 different fragrances out of it, so by the last couple of frarances, my soap is at a very thick trace...and just kind of glops into the mold....but hey! It saves time!

From left to right: Apple cider, Candy Cane, Frankincense and Myrhh, and Gingerbread. Thanks for looking.

04-1138131845M.jpg

Christina

Thanks everybody. I think the swirls turned out fairly well on top. It's just the sides that bother me I guess. I should be using 3 lbs per mold (to make 8 bars) imo. The bars to me are too thing and every piece is an outside piece, so it has that lip...I guess we're our own worst critics! I'm excited about these because I have body butter and foaming milk bath to match and I want to make baskets out of them. I can't wait for the day when I'm established enough to make one 7 lb batch all the same fragrance and in a nice big divider mold! That'll be the day!

Christina

Your soaps are beautiful! Maybe someone can make you a mold, although there are some wonderful mold shops on line as well and they don't seems so pricey to me. If you want a wood soap mold just type wooden soap molds into google and have a look.

They're sold on Ebay as well but I don't know if I'd trust them.:o

Fire