Wooohooooo!! My first rustic/mottle!!

cybersix

Ah ah I wasn't going for mottling at all, I was just testing a new paraffin and trying to make a rustic candle.. poured maybe a bit fast and without pausing, but the temp was about 155F and I got mottle! When I go for it I never have it.

Sorry for the pic I was in a hurry and it's just a tester!!

Thanks for looking

post-1267-139458436846_thumb.jpg

post-1267-139458436849_thumb.jpg

Hi little sister. You just made some very pretty mottles. Drives me crazy when something happens that you don't excpect.....but sometimes I get a look that is better than what I was trying to achieve....then it is fun.

Big Sis, Donita

Scented - I thought it would also according to CS but it didn't. Of course I did add about 3TBS steric pp so I guess that stopped the mottling? What if I don't add any - would it work better. I was trying to make rustic tilted but wasn't very rustic and no mottling. It had very nice little pin holes all over it though. Could I call that rustic:confused:

thanks to everyone, and E it was just a test. it's just one layer, I started to pur "sloppy", but then I poured all the pillar at one time, I'm testing the paraffin with various percentage of additives, so the look in the end doesn't matter.

I was going to see if it can frost (the paraffin has a slightly higher MP than the one I used to use) and yes it can frost (and now I Know it can mottle) but after that I was only interested in how it burns. and in my opinion (but I could be wrong) rustic or not the burn depends on the receipe!

Scented - I thought it would also according to CS but it didn't. Of course I did add about 3TBS steric pp so I guess that stopped the mottling? What if I don't add any - would it work better. I was trying to make rustic tilted but wasn't very rustic and no mottling. It had very nice little pin holes all over it though. Could I call that rustic:confused:

I can still get mottling with 3T of steric, but it does tend to cut down on the mottling. How about trying 2 1/2 instead and see what happens.

That's lovely Sabrina - I love candles which are a mixture of things all rolled into one. :yay:

Hi Jo, nice to see you back! How are you?

Thanks, you know when you don't pay attention to what you do.. but you should... I always say that the candlekamers' life is hard!!

• 2 weeks later...