Egg Nog Pillar

Shannon WY

Here's my version of egg nog:) Used 1343, steric 3 tbsp per pound and only 3% FO. Poured first layer at 150, second layer at 175, third layer at 150 and set outside to cool for about 30-45 min to cool- not sure of the temp outside, must have been around 50. Despite so little FO, it sure does smell good.

post-174-13945838292_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the kind comments you guys and gals. You just never know what's going to come out of a mold sometimes. I've always liked the mix of rustic and mottled so thought I'd try one for myself.

How did I miss this one?! Your mottling is FANTASTIC! I have to get off 1274 and go back to 1343 or to something else. Thanks for posting your recipie.

Absolutely beautiful.

PS. You should have entered the contest!

I wanted to try to make a dupe of the BBB candle (I had even printed off a pic of it to use as a guide) but just had too many other things I needed to get done- hopefully I'll be able to join in the next "contest".

Shannon.....great job. I like the two different looks....I am just amazed at all of the different mottles and rustics we all get.....Experimenting is most of the fun....as soon as something works for me....then I just to go in and mess it up.....your candle is awesome! Donita (I am going to try that)