How do you clean your pour pot?

I'm the proud new owner of a real pour pot :D I don't normally pour larger numbers of candles at a time but after testing for months I now am making more at a time. So I just bought a pour pot at Michales with my 40% coupon and poured my first dozen tonight of Mac Apple. Now what's the best way to clean it for my next dozen? I'm thinking of putting it into a hot water bath to melt the leftover wax and wipe out with paper towels, but just wondering if there is an easier way. Oh why did I wait so long for one of these?

i only rinse it out once all the wax is out by dipping the pot in hot water it release good so i can just wipe the sides with a paper towel. I doubt a fraction of wax is any different than cleaning a greasy pot since grease kinda gets hard when it cools.

While warm, wipe out with paper towels, if I didn't get it in time, the heat gun (well worth the investment) will melt it enough for you in seconds. If I have leftover wax, I just pour it into a coffee can to accumulate then toss. (It's not that much typically, I've been using the same 3 lb. can for 18 months). If you have color residue wipe with a unscented baby wipe.

I keep them warm, heat them, and keep wax warm in them for repours by putting them on a $15 electric Presto kitchen griddle from Wal-Mart.

I never have left over to have to sit with a gun, and if there's a slight film after pour, only 1 minute of just sitting on it will bring it up to wipe out.

I like your idea IslandGirl, I just wish I had the space (and the $$) to do that.

I, too, clean by melting any residual wax by the double boiler method, and then wipe out with paper towels. I hate the fact that I use so many paper towels though.

I wipe it out when I'm done with it, but I also use mine as part of my double boiler method. If it still reeks, I use an unsented wet wipe on it (use that if hot pink won't come out of the pot too.)

Ditto! Wipe it out with a paper towel and then a wipe.

The baby wipe containers also have the number 5 - polypro symbol and I use them to store small wax embeds, etc.

Guest Candelishis

I use the big thick blue shop towels. I found a huge dispenser of 1,000 at wally world, and they work GREAT!!! They soak up the melted wax super easily and get my pots very clean.

I heat mine on the stove on low heat (hey, it works for aluminum cookware) until the little residue that's left melts. If there's enough melted wax to worry about pouring, I pour it in the trash. I wipe the wax out with a dry paper towel and wipe it down again with Cajun Clean. Works great. :D

I just use a paper towel, actually a wad of them after ever pour. The pot is still hot. Comes right out. I pour a lot of candles, so I would not have time to rinse it all out every time. I never have a candle that smells like the last batch. It just takes elbow grease to wipe really good.