First Picture

honebun

This is the first time I've posted a pic on here, thought it was about time I did. Had bought a light box that I kept hearing you guys talking about, love the pics that you have been posting using them, so that arrived yesterday and have spent the morning playing with it. I haven't played about with Photoshop yet but I do like this light box :) I'm testing my pillars using soy pb and this one is scented with Lemon Lavender, it smells awesome so fingers crossed it will give just as good a hot throw. What do you think :)

post-7695-139458433937_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that Eugenia, I will be playing around with Photoshop quite soon. I'm studying graphic design at college just now and will be learning the ins and outs in the next few weeks :) Nancy I got my light box on Ebay if that helps, the link that Eugenia gave pretty much shows the same as what I have.

Very nice! I don't understand what a light box is. Can someone please explain. I thought a light box was something you used to trace things on. Apparently, there's another kind? HELP!

Nancy

Here is a picture about halfway down the page of a homemade lightbox. Walmart carries the portable kind, everything is attached except the lights that fit into the bag it all folds up into. There are a lot of sites that will also tell you how to make your own lightboxes as well, but hopefully this link works and gives you an idea of what they mean. And dont feel bad, when I first saw lightbox I thought the same thing you did :smiley2:

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/07/diy_light_box.html

Honebun....your candle looks great and I like the photography. THANK YOU Eugenia......I read the entire article and learned so much. That was so infomative....anyone that isn't great at photography should read that. I also appreciated the part about using photoshop. That has intimidated me but now I feel like I am ready to try something new. My old ways just aren't good. Thanks again. Donita

Here is a picture about halfway down the page of a homemade lightbox. Walmart carries the portable kind, everything is attached except the lights that fit into the bag it all folds up into. There are a lot of sites that will also tell you how to make your own lightboxes as well, but hopefully this link works and gives you an idea of what they mean. And dont feel bad, when I first saw lightbox I thought the same thing you did :smiley2:

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/07/diy_light_box.html

Thank you so much! I can't believe the difference this box makes. I've been trying to get good pictures of my items for years! I'm going to do this.

Nancy

I'm testing my pillars using soy pb and this one is scented with Lemon Lavender, it smells awesome so fingers crossed it will give just as good a hot throw. What do you think

I think you have done a WONDERFUL job, not only on the candle, but in how you displayed and photographed it! :D