Ugly votives in beautiful dress

cybersix

Awww, Sabrina, unless your photography is hiding a LOT, I think you are verbally abusing those votives!:tongue2: Perhaps you could take a heatgun to the tops to smooth out the imperfections I am gonna have to press my nose to the monitor to see...:tongue2:

I agree with Vicki about the lighted candle placement - makes the one in back look overexposed... and what are those LOVELY blue petals? Are they Ma Nature or artificial? They sure are pretty with your candles!

Awww, Sabrina, unless your photography is hiding a LOT, I think you are verbally abusing those votives!:tongue2: Perhaps you could take a heatgun to the tops to smooth out the imperfections I am gonna have to press my nose to the monitor to see...:tongue2:

I agree with Vicki about the lighted candle placement - makes the one in back look overexposed... and what are those LOVELY blue petals? Are they Ma Nature or artificial? They sure are pretty with your candles!

Hi Stella the flaws are there, if you press the nose very well you can see them!

About placing the lit votive on front, since here no many people are used to votives I want it to be clear how they must be used, so in my mind I imagined to give importance to the holder.. I will try other shots with the lit one in the back.

The petals are artificial!!

It is a pretty picture but I think I would have put the burning candle in the back not the front. Don't take picture advice from me I am bad at taking pictures.

Vicky I take suggestions from everyone, photography is not my food, yesterday I did at least 20 shots before ending up with something nice. but far from being good! Thanks

here no many people are used to votives I want it to be clear how they must be used

That's a very good line of thinking! Maybe even include more, unlit, in their containers...

I am curious... Don't folks light votives in the catholic churches there? Somehow growing up, that's the ONLY place I ever remember seeing votives at all... and when a lot of folks are praying about something, the display of so many candles representing the prayers folks were sending was really awesome to me! Almost made me wanna convert... Somehow, I don't think wanting to join the church because they have more candles would have been a good enough reason, though...:o:laugh2:

PS I DID have to press my nose to see the one or two little flaws and NOW it's FLAT!:laugh2:

That's a very good line of thinking! Maybe even include more, unlit, in their containers...

I am curious... Don't folks light votives in the catholic churches there? Somehow growing up, that's the ONLY place I ever remember seeing votives at all... and when a lot of folks are praying about something, the display of so many candles representing the prayers folks were sending was really awesome to me! Almost made me wanna convert... Somehow, I don't think wanting to join the church because they have more candles would have been a good enough reason, though...:o:laugh2:

PS I DID have to press my nose to see the one or two little flaws and NOW it's FLAT!:laugh2:

Stella you're right, here there are many votives, but unscented and sold in red container mostly, people use them in churches and cemeteries. But since these are scented and browsing sites I can't find candlemakers doing such candles, I don't want that someone could think they are little pillars! Hope this makes sense!

Do you like your new nose?:D

oh and by the way, I won't call them "votives" just to avoid confusion!

...but, but, but... they ARE votives...:confused:

What else could you call them?

*...snork...trying to breathe...*

Yes they are votives but here when they are scented you don't use them as votives candles. I chose a name that means "little candle" and now I can't translate it in english. When I'll find the word I'll tell you!

Sabrina.....you are being way too hard on yourself. The "little candles" look fine. I like the photography too. I am having a hard time with my new camera.....I just can't get the lighting right. The blue petals are beautiful in the photo. My nose is flat enough so I didn't press it to the screen and I am wearing my glasses and I didn't see anything terrible. (smile)......

Hugs and kisses, Big Sister Donita

Sabrina.....you are being way too hard on yourself. The "little candles" look fine. I like the photography too. I am having a hard time with my new camera.....I just can't get the lighting right. The blue petals are beautiful in the photo. My nose is flat enough so I didn't press it to the screen and I am wearing my glasses and I didn't see anything terrible. (smile)......

Hugs and kisses, Big Sister Donita

Hi big sis, hugs to you!

Thanks so much, I'm not too hard on myself, it's you that are too kind.

Much love