Dupe the BBB mottle game

And Henry......I don't think that kind of mottle looks "cheap".....I just thought that the candle could have been prettier. The seam wasn't trimmed and there were a bunch of them.... with bent tags......if just one were in a classy store on a pretty holder it would have given it more importance. I did pick it up.....so something about it attracted me....LOL....and it is possible to get that mottle consistently.....my favorite mottle is the random one....not the all over granite look. I personally like the ones I did yesterday.....my colors are more intense. Just my personal preference. Let's keep this going until we all have a mottle that works consistently for our own esthetic pleasure. Thank heaven God didn't create us all as twins. LOL Donita

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited about seeing what y'all come up with!

I'm with whomever suggested the anonymity thing - can you just post them with numbers or something, so it's a blind study? :) I lerve the idea of having someone's fate in my hands, mwuhahahahahahaha!

You guys can all send me the photos if you want to and I can post them all without your names just as numbers til the contest is over, then once the poll is done for your number vote I can let you all know who the person is that belongs to that candle. This sounds like alot of fun, can not wait to see what you all come up with. I am a pillar maker but not even gonna try the mottle..lol If you want to send me the photos than you can send them to me in my e-mail say by......Sunday night or Monday morning??? E-mail them to Sweet68cam@sbcglobal.net or you can pm me with them too if you want. Just let me know. Have fun guys!!!:yay:

I don't like seams either. I think that all of our candles will look better than the BBB hehehe.....we are not huge companies trying to sell millions of them to every store in the world hehehe. Let's trim our seams....stick to our basic principals and then go forward to create the best "pirated" candle in the world. Donita

Just was at Michael's spending my 40% off coupon on another pour pot and thought I'd check out the candle they have that looks the same again - seam and all. Since I live in Canada, goods here have to be marked with their country of origin due to the North American Free Trade act with the US and Mexico. The bottom of the candle said Made in China, Improrted by Michael's USA. Its a dead ringer for the one in the pictures.

The candles that I made yesterday with the dog getting hit by a car and my grandchildren running wild didn't turn out....they are really bad....really. I tried again today while being nurse for Daisy with the broken pelvic bone. I had to keep the other 7 outside all day so she wouldn't be bothered.....but no one else was home so I was able to make a lot of candles. Top......love the new look on your pic. Your are one good photographer. My son, Scott, just quit working for Jim Fiscus. He comes to NY for business. I told you that cousin "Sandy" said we could use her apt....... Well she is actually Allison's cousin "Sandy"......Amanda got to have dinner at Tao last time. I couldn't go. I haven't met "cousin Sandy" but hear she is very nice..........Donita

Just was at Michael's spending my 40% off coupon on another pour pot and thought I'd check out the candle they have that looks the same again - seam and all. Since I live in Canada, goods here have to be marked with their country of origin due to the North American Free Trade act with the US and Mexico. The bottom of the candle said Made in China, Improrted by Michael's USA. Its a dead ringer for the one in the pictures.

The candle posted says "Made in Mexico".

The candles that I made yesterday with the dog getting hit by a car and my grandchildren running wild didn't turn out....they are really bad....really.

Also made some today - they stunk!!!! :shocked2: Going to try again tomorrow. Maybe when we're all done we can post our "uglies".........

LOL! Since I have never made a layered mottled pillar in my life, mine will be very interesting looking, maybe even funny looking. Regardless, this will be a fun experience; and most definately be a learning experience for me.

I joined just a couple of weeks ago - did you guys do the poll on these yet. I would love to see the pics as I think all of us can do 100% better than anything you buy in the stores!

Nope not yet, waiting on all the photos and I am putting up the poll today:yay: