Cost of soy wax??

Ok tell me if i am figuring this right -for 50 lbs of soy wax = 100 8oz candleswax shipping fo wicks and jars45+20+100+10+59= $234.00 OR 2.34 my cost per jar /would i sell for $8.00 each- My figures may be on the low side not sure exact shipping , could be higher.

It really depends too on where you live. I sell my 9 oz for 6.95 and 16 oz for 9.95. I know there are many others that sell them for much more. I'm in the midwest. Usually I've heard you x3 for retail and x2 for wholesale. HTH

I am in michigan and it seems that the fragrance is what killing me at 6.00 for 2oz so that right there is 6.00 plus shipping for 4 candles1.50 x 3 = 4.50 just for frag

JMHO, but if you are paying $6 for 2 oz of FO someone saw you coming from a long way off. Where do you get your FO's from?

Wow, did I read that right? $6 for 2 ounces of f/o? And you have it shipped? You may want to shop around some for your f/o's I have several suppliers I purchase mine from, and I've never paid that much. (DH say's I'm a cheapskate) But you can find good quality oils without paying an arm and a leg.

Also, if you are just starting out, you may want to purchase a sample pack or two of f/o's. Many of the suppliers such as JS and Peak, two of my favs, offer price breaks on 1 ounce lots. If it's a quality oil,(I've never gotten anything bad from either place) then one ounce per pound is a good starting point. There are times you might have to add more or less as a matter of personal preferance(sp?).

HTH

Jennifer

MNHORSEMOM~looks like we had the same thought at the same time.LOL

Gulp!!Ok I will check out some other sites but wsp and natures garden is where i usually get fo from...they are in ohio 5.95 for 2ozCost is less if you order larger quantities- NG is 7.50 for 4oz 2.50 for 1ozWSP is- 5.95 @2oz, 8.95@4oz

you can check shipping for zip area and that's what it came up withAnyway they do not carry sencs I needWatercress aloe is my fav from NG and if I order 16 oz at 13.95 it is way cheaper than2.50 an ounceI never thought to order larger sizes yet- but that one I know I like.

ics is in northern in not to far (a few miles) from mi. 1ozers are $1.60 ea for ics scents, snowtops scents are $2.00 for 1ozers. ics scents pack of 101ozers is $15.00.

millcreek 2ozers are $3.00 each for 10-2ozers for $25.00 great oils

thecandlesource.com 1ozers are $1.25, 4ozers are $3.89, 8ozers are $6.89 mostly great oils, inexpensive shipping, fast, excellent service.

if you are paying $6.00 for 2ozs. of oils you are getting taking advantage of.

good luck & remember to order just sample packs.

Ng -16ozfo is 13.95 plus you get a bundle discount if you order 5 -16 ozers (1.00 off each)= 5.00 discount and shipping is about 6.90 so almost free shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess quantity is the key here

just checked shipping at peak 92.00? ups ground

I think you miscalculated something somewhere because Peak is very reasonable in the shipping charges.

Quanity is the key buying 1 to 4 oz from any supplier is going to be a lot more expensive than the large quanities.

I just ordered 4 lbs of FO's from Peak - it was $8.xx if I had it shipped to my office, $10.xx if I had it shipped to my home. Maybe it is an option to have it shipped to where you work? (I live in NYS, they are in CO)

HTH

Thanks to all for info

I did refigure order and shipping is 9. something still more that NG and 16 oz is more at peaks than ng depending on the fragrance

Shipping at peaks for 50lbs of soy wax is 39.00 or so.

For wax you should try to find the closest supplier as that is the shipping that will kill you. FO's there are some suppliers that ship flat rate and if you order a bunch you can save lots. Don't make the mistake I did and buy large bottles of a fo that you THINK you'll like, it's a waste of $$...if you don't like it you've ended up wasting the $ not saving. Search for fo and flat rate shipping and you should see lots of info.

you can check shipping for zip area and that's what it came up withAnyway they do not carry sencs I needWatercress aloe is my fav from NG and if I order 16 oz at 13.95 it is way cheaper than2.50 an ounceI never thought to order larger sizes yet- but that one I know I like.

And if you order 5 lbs of any combo of FO, you get $1 off at NG, so that brings your cost down more. Maybe you aren't ready to sell.

It all depends on what your looking for. Shipping will for the most part always be about $9.00 unless you buy in larger amounts. If you buy samples its best to but A LOT of samples at once to save on shipping. Most companies start out at a base rate and then it goes by weight. I would either keep my eye out for companies with their sampler sales or start buying larger amounts. It seems I always find a use for a F.O. or if I absolutely dread it I sell it. Just my opinion though. Hope these sites help. I dont know where you are located in Michigan but this site helped me when I lived in Garden city, MI. There are some really good suppliers close by :)

For MI. http://www.suppliersbystate.com/state-listings.php?st=MI

For OH. http://www.suppliersbystate.com/state-listings.php?st=OH

WOW!, I have sold candles and soaps and am trying to get ready for my fall sale and want to get a good price on everything eo, fo and wax but would like to be able to get them in one place.

I am in the sort of beginning stages here, forgive my ignorance!

Excuse me for being a newbie.

I thought that is what this sight was about...helping eachother.

I will not bother you again with my inexperience!

WOW!, I have sold candles and soaps and am trying to get ready for my fall sale and want to get a good price on everything eo, fo and wax but would like to be able to get them in one place.

I am in the sort of beginning stages here, forgive my ignorance!

Excuse me for being a newbie.

I thought that is what this sight was about...helping eachother.

I will not bother you again with my inexperience!

Katshe, no need to get all up in arms here, you have 3 pages of responses where people are trying to help you. From the info you have given it seemed that you were just getting into candles and soap, not that you had been selling for a while. I do have to agree with some of the others though, it's pretty hard to make any profit for those that are buying in large quantities let alone FO 2ozs at a time. JMHO but 2 ozs of a FO is hardly enough to even do proper testing with.

Well I have certianly learned that buying in quantity is the way to go.

I only have three scents at the moment that I use and cust like.

I want to thank all of you for your insight and help, my eyes have been opened.

Must of been having a mood swing this morning

:grin2: