Cost of soy wax??

Katshe, Don't take everything said on this board to heart. I know it is hard not too, but I really feel everyone here is trying to help. I don't think your cost is too much. It seems to be about right, but don't forget to add your labeling, ink, and packaging to the cost. Plus your time. If you sell your candles from the start cheap than that is what people are going to want to pay. It is hard to raise your prices without hearing complaints, so start as high as the market will bear.

katshe,

where are you from? earlyamericancandle.com is located in pittsburgh. i get wax from them, they have everything someone would need to start out or to stock up. you can call and ask for help, they are great people. to get wax from them it is $21 for me but i am in the same ups zone as them. check em out.

WHEW!! At $6.00 for 2oz, I couldnt be in business long. I always buy larger quantities....like 16oz at a time. The price goes down drastically. I am in Canada and I buy some of my fragrance oils from The CandleSource. After I factor in exchange and shipping I am still only paying $1.33 an ounce.

Do shop around. If you go to the main forum area and look under the scents section there is a listing of all the abbreviations for US fragrance suppliers with links....a great resource!

• 2 weeks later...

Dirtybirdsoaps, I just located wellington fragrance in canton, they are a wholesaler and said that I can pick order up, as I am in livonia. you can order online and prices are about the same as from ng but saving on shipping will be helpful,

I will still need to order my fav fragrance from ng though ( watercress aloe) unless I can find something similar at wellington.

Thansks

thanks to all for support and advise