Kat's Sugar Bubble Scrub

katshe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Kat! This stuff is awesome. I thought my first batch was really good but in the 2nd batch I used a higher sudsing soap and wow...it's so creamy and nice! I didn't have the fco so the first time used all co and the 2nd time subbed in rbo (that dang fco was on back order forever!) I don't think you can really hurt this recipe much by changing things a bit. It's a keeper for me!

I am glad you all are liking this scrub, :yay:

I do have one question for yu all though...I would like my scrub to be scrubbier ,and have added a bit of walnut shell powder and it is nice with this addition but...the color is not attractive to me...(brownish)

Any suggestions as to what to make it scrubbier and still look nice?

I have strawberry seed i could try or maybe a different sugar- at the moment I use regular sugar that you get at kroger

I made this for my sister-in-law when they were visiting (subbed out some oils and inserted ones i had on hand) and she wrote me a couple of days ago to tell me that she uses this on her feet. The person who does her pedicures told her that whatever she was doing, to keep it up because her feet looked fantastic! She was raving on and on about how great this scrub is and to make more cause she is about out.

Thanks for giving us something great to start with! I'm going to add some ground apricot seed and see if she likes it better. Personally, I want mine scrubbier and more bubbly. haha But, great recipe!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tried the original recipe (cause I had it all on hand) with MP and so far, it's WONDERFUL. It's holding up nicely, I'm going to jar it and see how it holds up over the course of a week or so, if there's no problems, I'll send it off to mom to test.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What can you use in place of the FCO? I have everything else, but don't have this?

Use any other light oil. Sweet almond, sunflower, grape seed,avocado.

Or just increase the Olive oil by the % of FCO.

Edited by cdesousa5
add thought

Olive is quite heavy, I'd use something lighter to replace the FCO. Much lighter. Sunflower is a decent choice.

I agree but sometimes people want to make it right now with what they have , that is why I said last you could increase the OO. It would be heavy though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just have to say I just try this (the original one on the first page) and I have to say this is fantastic!!! I didnt use the honey, I used the shealoe butter I just got from the co-op instead, added 3 Tbsp of brown sugar instead of 2 Tbsp. I used my M&P soap I made about a month ago and used rice bran oil for the lite oil. My skin has never felt this good!!!

I used it on my hands and half way up my forearm. You can deff feel the difference in my skin when I rub my hand up my arm. I can totally tell where I had stopped. I normally have dry skin from head to toe so I cant wait to use this in the shower tonight.

I know the list would be really long if I were going to sell this but it is a good starting point to see what I want my sugar scrub to be like. So I can hopefully come up with a receipt that will be this good.

Thanks so much!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been here in a long time to check this post. you are all welcome for the recipe and I am glad you are enjoying it.

I made a new batch this week with added strawberry seeds...Nice exfoiliation and next I will be making one with walnut shell powder.