Old dog learns new trick for soap pics

I'm learning how to take pics in a light tent and add text. Someone told me how to write words on your soap pic. I don't have Photoshop or any fancy software, so I did this in Paint. Now if anyone can tell me how to CENTER the dang box and/or the text inside the box, I'd sure appreciate it! :rolleyes2

I was going for a faded denim or chambray shirt kind of look here. The swirls are muted and not distinct, but rather muddied. Believe it or not, that was what I was trying to achieve. My soap co-operated for a change. LOL

Scented in Daystar's Stone-Washed Cotton, and I used UM blue for the color. Years ago I was hosting an auction, and someone sent a soap bar in this scent. Ever since then, I've had a vision to soap this clean-laundry type scent up and try to make it reminiscent of a favorite, soft, broken-in, well-worn, comfortable pair of blue jeans. :smiley2:

stonewasheddenim3.jpg

Wow! Beautiful soap! And your photo is just fantastic! Maybe you can help me learn how to take a decent picture!

As for the text… sorry but as long as you are using Paint it will be guess work in centering it. The best advice I could give is to try Paintshop’s free version (do they still have a free version? Anyone know?) Or better yet invest in PhotoImpact. I’m a dedicated PhotoImpact user, have been for years, very user friendly. All you have to do it select the object (in this case the text) right click, scroll to align, and select the position you want. You might try looking at the used book stores; many have started carrying previously used software. It will be a good investment, your elegant soap and dramatic photographic skills deserve to be finished to its full potential.

GrandmaArial

The soaps are gorgeous! I love the swirls...they almost look likes leaves.

About centering your text in Paint:

1. Before you place your picture in Paint, enlarge the canvas window so you have room to type your text anywhere but over the top of you picture.

2. Type your text anywhere on the canvas.

3. Click the tool that will give your text a transparant background.

4. Click on the "select" tool and outline your text.

5. With your mouse, drag the text to your picture and position it where you want it to be...then release the mouse.

If you need any help, PM me.

HTH

Great looking soap.

The pic looks great, too.

What kind & how many lights did you use? Did you use 3 lights top & both sides?

Natural lighting -- outdoor (diffused, not direct). No light bulbs were harmed in the photographing of this product. :)