DragonFire Pillar

Pam W

Smaller pillar is scented with OT's DragonFire, the larger is a blend of Patch/Oakmoss/Gr Apple. I've never been very brave in mixing bright colors but thought the DF needed a something to compliment the name. Now I'm anxious to try a taller one.

BTW: They both smell great and the DF is strong at 6% in 1343.

post-450-139458425679_thumb.jpg

Both really great and love the colours of the small pillar. Looks like you started off by doing the draped layer technique, or maybe it is just good "swirling". What on earth does DragonFire smell like - is it kinda spicy?

Thank you all for the nice compliments. The description of the scent is:

It's so multi faceted you will find layers of musks, ambers, a touch of patchouli, nag champa, cedars to warm and enhance this exotic fragrance, and much more.

Nag Champa has always been "just too much'' for me but in this blend it is toned down and gives off a really nice sweet aroma blending with the Amber & Musks. Besides the pillars, I poured a container and a wickless and made a matching body butter. The scent was very weak in the butter but after sitting overnite - it bloomed!!!!

The taller candle (patch/oakmoss/gr apple) is even better. I used Patch blend from AH, AA Oakmoss from OT and the apple came from the craftstore--just added a touch out of curiousity. Plan on making some butter with this one cause I just want to wear it :drool:

And now I'm out of wax!!!! But Mr. Brown will be stopping by in a couple of days and I'll be back in pouring-bliss.

Kalamazoo: The swirling was done in a pretty sloppy manner. Poured a layer, swished it around a little then took a plastic fork and splattered more of the wax in different directions. Then for each consecutive layer, I rotated the mold about 1/3 in the same direction which gave the drapped look.