Cookie cutter candles

jdscreations

Nice! :cheesy2:

So how'd you do it?

Thanks everyone, the hardest part of getting them out of the cookie cutters, but I placed the cutters onto a round cookie sheet that I had (I was able to fit 4 of them on there) then I just poured the wax into the cutters (there was a little bit of leakage, but once it cooled alittle it was fine), then I just filled the cookie cutters up, waited for it to cool a little and placed the wick in them. Once they were completely cooled (which is really important, especially with the butterfly, because it will break apart) I lifted them out and pulled them out of the cutters. basically punched a whole the rest of the way through, but a wick with the tab in it and ta-da!!!!:yay:

Here's a thought. Has anyone tried dotting wick pins around a largish tray then filling the tray with wax then using the cookie cutters to cut out shapes using the wick pins as the centre of each shape? Haven't tried it myself but it's interesting how hearing about one process sets the old creative juices going. If anyone has done anything similar and it was a total disaster will you please also let me know. Thanks, Maureen

PS. Love the candles (obviously, or it wouldn't have got me raving on in this fashion. LOL) :cheesy2:

I also do large butterflies, Christmas Trees, tulips that way but only fill them up half way....then turn them into chunkies. Pour over some more wax and then I add a little butterfly, or tree or flower to the top. Then after removing them from the cutters, I hit them with a heat gun to smooth them out and sprinkle a little micro glitter on top....hmmmmm haven't done those for awhile...just reminded me to make some more. Yours came out very well. I love the simplicity. Donita

Thanks again everyone. I did see if they float, they do, but just barely (they are a little too heavy I think. Maybe making them a little thinner like Donita they would be fine as floaters. And I love the simplicity and easiness of them. Donita I did think about trying different shapes, like Christmas trees and maybe some pumpkins. Do you think that the plastic cookie cutters would hold up against the heat of the wax? They are so much cheaper. Thanks again. :P

Did you try waiting till you wax in the cookie sheet was just warm then use your cookie cutter? I tried to make rolled cinnamon rolls by pouring the wax and when it was still warm cut the wax and it was easy to work with at first but I had the wrong wax so it was a flop. LOL The wax I used cooled to fast. I got about 2 cinnamon rolls

I read somewhere about using the putty