Rustics Burning off centre

tucker

I.m having so much fun (NOT). It's hard enough to make rustics but then to get them to burn straight is another problem. I know the wicks are perfectly centered. I even use a ruler to measure before I pour. Thing is when they get down to the second layer they burn off centre for some reason ANY IDEAS ANYONE?????

Margaritamamma. I've seen those but I really don't think that part is the problem. I really do think twisting will help me out. I dip my wick in wax and then use 2 popsickle sticks clamped together. I then measure with a ruler and damn, they are straight, but, as I said, they sort of go limp a bit after I pour the first layer. Gonna try one today.

Tucker, with the wick bar - the wick can be pulled really tight and it stays that way throughout the cooling process. When I used other methods to hold my wicks they seemed to stretch a little when they got wet with the hot wax and when I tie to popscicle sticks, the sticks bow just enough to make the wick relax too much...does this make sense?

PAMW and all the rest of you gals. I twisted wick this morning but they're still in the molds. Won't get to burn for a few days. I also dipped them in hot wax before putting them in. If this fails me, then I'll get me some of those thingy's that MARGARITAMOMMA suggested.