Need replacement for BCN oils....help?

I need to replace 3 of my best sellers from BCN unfortunately....can you suggest a sub that smells the same or very very similar....these all have a fp of 200 or above but aparently i'd still need to have them shipped via UPS which I can't do....thanks!

Macintosh Apple - Yankee Type

Blueberry Muffins

Pumpkin Spice (not the closeout pumpkin)

I need to replace 3 of my best sellers from BCN unfortunately....can you suggest a sub that smells the same or very very similar....these all have a fp of 200 or above but aparently i'd still need to have them shipped via UPS which I can't do....thanks!

Blueberry Muffins

Sherri - I'm on the same boat as you (pun intended).

Now that you mention it, the Macintosh Apple makes me want to cry. I have several samples from other suppliers but just not the same, too sweet.

On the blueberry muffins, have you tried KY's wildberry crisp? It's not quite as sweet but does remind me of BCN's. If you do try it, whatever you do, keep it at 6-7% or it will be too strong. Another pretty good sub is NG's blueberry muffin.

Got me on pumpkin spice.

HTHs some.

I don't know what the McIntosh apple from BCN north smells like, but I use the McIntosh apple from Canwax it has a true apple smell to it. My mother commented when I was burning candles with this oil that it smells exactly like an apple.

Hope this helps

Pam F

Blueberry Muffins

I can vouch for the blueberry muffin at the Candlemaker's Store. I used to use bcn's, but a few years ago it changed, so I went with the one at steve's.

PamR

Well you could make your Peak oils two and use their Mac Apple. We can't keep the FO in stock. I've no more sample bottles or I'd send you one.

Pumpkin spice -- see if Solas will sell to a Canadian. I love this stuff ... if not, NG's PS is quite good too. Again ... had I a known lol! And no more sample bottles either dang it ... Although there is Creative Candle Supplies version to.

Now this blueberry muffin ... have you tried Peaks?

LMAO Julie! Solas isn't shipping usps here anymore either so they're out.

I looked at NG pumpkin spice and read the reviews so i'm leaning towards that one. AH/RE is out since they only use ups and that's the issue i'm trying to avoid (thanks for the suggestion anyway). I'm leaning again towards NG for the blueberry muffin but the reviews are mixed *sigh*....what a kerfluffle this is!!

If peaks is still shipping here, I may try out the mac apple and blueberry muffin from there and the candlemakers store sounds good also since it's similar to what i've been using (thanks for the suggestion)...they don't have the pumpkin spice but lots of others I see that sound interesting.

Canwax would be wonderful to get it from since they're Canadian but BCN's price of 12.95 compared to Canwax price of 26.00 lb means I can get it from BCN and pay UPS fees and it'll work out to the same price and i'd be no further ahead except I can get it quicker.

I wouldn't care so much about finding replacements but they're 3 of my favorites too and i'm too stubborn to give 'em up without a fight lol

Natures Garden has a fragrance called Apple Orchard that reminds you of taking a bite out of a sweet, juicy apple. You can almost feel the apple juice run down your chin when you smell this fragrance! That is a good replacement for Mac Apple, I have heard.

Their Pumpkin Spice is out of this world and I HIGHLY recommend it! Very strong in soy, Joywax and OK6228. (Don't know if anyone is even using OK6228 anymore....gawd do I miss it!! :cry2: )

Finally, for the blueberry muffin fragrance.....OMG, Nature's Garden once more!! :D Very strong, true fragrance!! Love it, love it!! I hope this helps you some. It's nice when you can find three great fragrances in one place! Their customer service is top-notch too. Give them a try! :wink2:

I think peaks has stopped shipping FOs via USPS too, at least they told me they had to the UK. Is solas not using USPS for FOs now too? That's another supplier i wanted to try.

It's sad cause here in the UK we just don't have the same range of FOs that you guys have. However it's just not economically viable shipping a few FOs to the UK via UPS

Does anyone know any other suppliers that have stopped shipping via UPS?

Thanks

AFAIK Solas never shipped to Canada. I recently ordered from Peaks twice with no problems. I hesitate to say that as they may stop shipping USPS too :undecided. I was informed this week that Candle Cocoon is only shipping UPS now too.

I really wish there was more info and reviews of the FOs from Canwax and VCC. I am stocked up for the summer but I think I will start ordering some samplers from them this fall and start my testing over again. I use soy so my choices are more limited than if I used paraffin. I hope some of the US suppliers will consider having distributors here. I'm sure it's not as easy as it sounds but hopefully our business is worth it.

I'd love to be a distributer for the oils but funding is big problem right now. I think there are only 2 or 3 oils that I actually buy in Canada which is a shame but the variety just isn't here. It's kind of ironic because after being in business for 4 years, this has been my best year yet and now i'm going to have to either raise my prices through the roof to compensate for the ups shipping and lose customers or discontinue 3/4 of the fragrances I sell and lose alot more.

This is a nightmare!!

I'd love to be a distributer for the oils but funding is big problem right now. I think there are only 2 or 3 oils that I actually buy in Canada which is a shame but the variety just isn't here. It's kind of ironic because after being in business for 4 years, this has been my best year yet and now i'm going to have to either raise my prices through the roof to compensate for the ups shipping and lose customers or discontinue 3/4 of the fragrances I sell and lose alot more.

This is a nightmare!!

As far as I understand, the problem if with airmail, not surface mail. I know on another forum it has been suggested that you get a mail forwarder in the US for your FO suppliers to ship to and then the forwarder sends it via surface mail to your address. Don't know if it would work, and it would take time, but maybe it is an option. Otherwise, how close are you to the border? Others have suggested getting a post box close to the canadian border and driving across to fetch their parcels themselves. Don't know if any of this is workable for you, but I feel your pain. At least you can still drive there is you really had to, I would like have to take a couple of boats....(trying to make you smile, did it work?)

HTH

Katinka

I did check in to some of the forwarders and the cheapest I found was 150.00 a year plus shipping on each package forwarded. I'm over 5 hrs away from the US border so that would be a long drive just to pick up some oils.

And thanks for the info Pam....i'll get some to try next time I order in some wax :)

Sherri, all 3 of the oils you are asking about have a flashpoint of greater than 200 degrees. These are NOT considered hazardous material and are allowed to be shipped internationally via USPS. There are no crazy packaging and labelling rules to follow for these either.

If these are worth the hassle for you and I suspect they are then contact BCN. There is no excuse for these not to be sent to you, they won't be breaking any laws and have to use any fancy or more expensive packaging.

Good luck Sherri!

I can vouch for the blueberry muffin at the Candlemaker's Store. I used to use bcn's, but a few years ago it changed, so I went with the one at steve's.

PamR

That right! I forgot all about the good guy Steve's definitely, the candlemaker's blueberry muffins in place of BCN's. Thanks for the memory, Pam. I'll bet he has a good macintosh too. I better toddle over before he catches Doneen fever to..:lipsrseal

Natures Garden has a fragrance called Apple Orchard that reminds you of taking a bite out of a sweet, juicy apple. You can almost feel the apple juice run down your chin when you smell this fragrance! That is a good replacement for Mac Apple,

Nope, I'm not dissing NG's Apple Orchard for not being a good throwing apple, it is, but not at all like BCN's Macintosh, IMO, which is just greener and tarter than any other I've tried. If anything, Candlewic's red apple peel is closer. OOB, OT's is also very promising, so I have my fingers crossed on that one.

I think peaks has stopped shipping FOs via USPS too, at least they told me they had to the UK. Is solas not using USPS for FOs now too?

Thanks

I just received a USPS shipping notification from Solas so I'd say it's safe to assume they still ship USPS. As for Peaks, their site is pretty clear about shipping exclusively UPS. I recall contacting them a few years back and they confirmed this. Guess I'm on their naughty list. Can't blame them, really:p