newest Candle

To get the lines in the leafs try this

Before putting the halves together put a red or what ever color in the veins and swirl it around . After it sets put some darker green BUT at a temp of about 10 degrees cooler and swirl that THEN put your halves together and fill

Another way I remeber I colored them was I added a couple of the neon green chips to the wax so that it would glow in a black light

Making a silicone mold would be $$ so if you are only going to make a few i would stick to the plastic BUT if there is a market for them then I would invest in the silicone

I'd go with a bit darker green.

I don't know myself, but is there a possible way to have some red hairs of color showing in it?

:)

LOL...are maybe some blondish gold...i wouldnt know that either but i heard of acapoco(sp)gold and then there was jamican red..

but i really like the candle, have often thought about ordering the mold and scent...but then i think who in the world would want a weed scent smelling up their house? now that i am way older the memory smell that i have in my mind, it really didnt smell that good...but back in the day:D

I use to make those. I made all kinds of plastic molded candles but just quit doing them. I did them for years and they were fun, but they take so much time wicking them and cleaning the seam lines.

What I did was take thing wood and cut out the shape around the leaves....made a front and back.....then taped the edges of the mold with masking tape and put the wood pieces together....then use small "C" clamps to go around the edges......screw them tight and you will have very little leaking. I used them for my large cat mold too.....and several others. Jeff at Pourette told me that trick years ago. I miss him. Then for adding color....I spray my wax with Krylon matte finish varnish....then use a little paint brush and acrylic paint and paint in the veins. Works great. Donita Louise

I have some clamps that keep the molds from leaking that came with my plastic molds.

If I didn't have them or they were not working I would clamp as best I could and then put the mold down in a bucket of sand and cover it up with only the top exposed. That will work super good and if it did leak it would be minimal and the sand would stop it almost immediately.

Bruce

I have some clamps that keep the molds from leaking that came with my plastic molds.

If I didn't have them or they were not working I would clamp as best I could and then put the mold down in a bucket of sand and cover it up with only the top exposed. That will work super good and if it did leak it would be minimal and the sand would stop it almost immediately.

Bruce

Good idea Bruce.....I use damp sand for that. Donita Louise