What do you think of this candle I bought on e-Bay?

Good Lord, did it get melted on its way to your house, or is it SUPPOSED to look like that?! :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:
Dunno. It was packaged in a big inflatable pillow that squished it into that shape. Someone suggested the seller got a little carried away with the heat gun at packing time, or it could have happened along the way. I think pillar wax would have to get pretty hot to do that.

In the photo it's sitting on the deflated pillow, which is stained with FO & dye. It bled profusely.

Ohhh my! That appears to have melted horribly! Did it ship ground all the way across the country, sit in a warehouse over a weekend and in a hot truck to be delivered to you last on the list? Holy schnikeys...

What does the seller have to say? I would be mortified!

Ok, so you got a refund, but what did the seller have to say about it morphing/melting like that??????

It seems it would have to get awfully hot to melt that much don't ya think? I mean, it looks like someone stuck in the oven or something. :rolleyes2

I'd die if I sent someone a candle and it looked like that when it arrived. :embarasse

Oh, and what do you mean by whomever said to you that it looks like they got carried away with the heat gun while packaging it? Why would someone use a heatgun while packaging? I'm all confoooosed.

Oh, and what do you mean by whomever said to you that it looks like they got carried away with the heat gun while packaging it? Why would someone use a heatgun while packaging? I'm all confoooosed.
It was shrink wrapped as you can see, hence the heat gun. Seller saw photo and said it must have gotten hot along the way.

Hard to tell from the pic. Was it mottling wax this time? What scent is it?

I've heard that when it's super hot it's best to ship candles on a Monday. I think I see why. :shocked2: Are you going to attempt to burn it?

e

It's black cherry and it seems that they attempted to make a mottle with a pre-blend of some sort. It sure seems like a pre-blend and it has a weird sort of cloudy mottle that no straight paraffin would produce. Maybe because it was jammed full of FO.

I got the refund and trashed the candle.