What do you measure FO in?

I use my pour pot, I fill it with the proper amount of wax, tare the weight on my scale, then add my FO to that. I started using the glass measuring cup that I got with my kit, but I felt like I was wasting some that was left on the glass. This way seems to work great for me.

I use my pour pot, I fill it with the proper amount of wax, tare the weight on my scale, then add my FO to that. I started using the glass measuring cup that I got with my kit, but I felt like I was wasting some that was left on the glass. This way seems to work great for me.

I do the same, very easy!

What if you put too much FO by mistake?

I use the tri-pour polypropylene 100 ml beakers -- one beaker per scent so no clean up needed.

http://www.sciencekit.com/category.asp_Q_c_E_755007

Found some great little metal cups at the dollar tree packaged 4/$1. Course like everything else i find, i immediately started looking at them as a container to wick. They are like butter cups, but metal. I was using disposable plastic cups, but I went through them too fast. Very convenient if you can find em cheap.

For me now, the "butter cups" are working great. Larger batches I will use a pyrex, or measure into the pour pot.

Last time this question came up somebody answered with votive molds! I saw that and have been using my (otherwise useless) votive molds ever since. Of course I can really only measure out about 1.75 oz at a time but then again I don't make huge batches like some of you.

I'm relatively new to the board(as far as posting goes)but not to candles. Been making them since 1998.

I use a set of racked, glass test tubes that I got on eBay from one of those science supply sellers. Very reasonable at the time I got them. They work great if you're going to be making a variety of different scents. You can measure out your fragrances, put them back in the rack until ready to use(they each have a cork, so you don't have to smell all of them at once!), and when you've added your scent and have washed/rinsed them out, they have drying pins you put them on so they're ready for the next use.:yay:

I use an all glass heat-safe pour pot, similar to a 4-cup pyrex glass measure cup with a little lip for pouring. I put it on the scale and zero the scale, then add FO til desired weigh . If I get a little too much I can easily pour it back into the fo bottle without making a mess. I use an all glass pot because I like to warm up the FO in microwave for 15 seconds before adding it to the wax. Also, learned the hard way that FO melts plastic, and you'll will end up with some stringy gooey plastic stuff in with the FO.:lipsrseal