how do you..

Hit it with a heat gun to soften it...then it should wipe off.

ETA: I don't secure my wicks when I test containers anymore for just that reason. I let the wax set up for awhile and then place the wicks in.

That's OK to find out which wick to to start out with, but not for a full and complete container test. You need to secure the wick tab for a complete test.

That's OK to find out which wick to to start out with, but not for a full and complete container test. You need to secure the wick tab for a complete test.

I stand corrected Candle Man...I'm referring to the same container that I've used many times. I would be testing wicks for a new FO. The container has been torture tested. ;)

After melting down my test burn and washing the container sometimes the glue from the hot glue gun won't come out? How do you get that extra stuborn piece off the glass?

Believe it or not, plain soapy water will loosen that hot glue. Then, just flick it off the bottom of the container. Works every time.

Pam R

I've come across this same problem, but I used silicone gel. Was very difficult to remove the wicks, and there was much silicone left at the base of the jar. Any way I can remove this? TIA.

With silicone I would try Goo Gone or one of the orange adhesive removers, found in the paint department.

Thanks so much for all the great answers. I have tried the hot soapy water and an sos/brillo pad. Most of the time it does come off. Will have to invest in that magical heat gun that all you have.

What is the best place to get one? Online or do craft stores carry good ones?