Which wick do you use in container candles?

gmp

Which wick type do you use in container candles?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Which wick type do you use in container candles?

• Zinc
    • Cotton Cored
    • Paper Cored
    • LX
    • CD
    • HTP
    • Hemp
    • RRD
    • ECO
    • None of the above

I realised that would be an issue for some and wanted to add a category for "I use more than one wick type", but the number of choices was limited to 10 and I wanted to list as many different wick types as possible. In retrospect I could have done away with the Paper Core wick since that it zero.

If anyone wants to follow Vicky's lead and list multiple wick types, please go ahead.

Agreed -- I use a blend (GB-415 and IGI 4630) and so far CD's and ECO's work the best for me. I like the HTP's but they are being too unpredictable -- the size I expect to work ends up being totally off and increasing my testing time (not to mention really bad mushrooming sometimes and then none another time). With CD's and ECO's I hone in on the right answer a lot faster.

SG

the type of wax really dictates the type of wick used and so it depends a lot on which wax I am using.

Ditto.

I use about 3 different wax combos depending on the effect I want to achieve and with those 3 combos I use differnt sized containers so the wick choice differs.

Given the choices in the poll it's impossible for me to accurately answer so I didn't answer at all. :)

I had read that CD's and HTP's are actually the same wick, just produced by different manufacturers. Can anyone confirm this? If so, it would seem that zincs and the CD/HTP's are about equal in terms of popularity...