carved orb

BruceCarvesWax

Very unique, Bruce. :grin2:

You are a on roll tonight. I am really digging this pure jet black color.

I will assume you use pigments, but I could be wrong.

Powder dye from pourette, love that stuff. I just did a black and clear wax water candle... kinda didnt turn out shape wise but its eye catching. If I can zen the wax to where I want it I might have something worth selling.

OH did you guys see that tiny morel mushroom that already started to grow on the outside of the black water candle to the right in the 2nd orb pic?

The glaze is just candle spray... pourette again. I dont like the dip on stuff.

Bruce

Beautiful job Bruce....ever thought about making candles for a living? ;):D

:naughty: :naughty::naughty: You may be on to something my dear, of course I may be on something myself.....

Dont tell anyone but really I dont drink (dont count chi town), smoke, cuss (ok tiny bit) or anything, Im about as clean cut as they come. I just act like Im on drugs so I can make wild candles and get away with it. :D

Bruce

Lovely Bruce!!!

I'm in Fl for the winter but brought nekkid orbs with me so I may have to try that before they melt in this heat

BTW...Hi all...just figured out how to get wifi in the RV...have been having internet withdrawal ;)

Mari

Great having you back Mari, I was wondering where you disappered too. :D I always love seeing your creations.

Speaking of creations, great job with the orb Bruce. You have such a steady hand.

Bruce......those look great. One of these day I may try to carve a candle. I bought the tools but the little I did didn't look that great. Yours look great. I also use the powder from Pourette. I like the black that I get. Donita

Bruce......those look great. One of these day I may try to carve a candle. I bought the tools but the little I did didn't look that great. Yours look great. I also use the powder from Pourette. I like the black that I get. Donita

Thanks everyone!

Donita, this was just my one and only tester to see how they would look carved and with a candle inside. I sure don't plan on pursuing them, and only did basic cuts just to see how the light would shine inside. I thought it might spark a light bulb for peeps that make them and they could run with the idea. I bet it was half a year ago when I made it so I have moved on down the road since then.

My brains too full right now as it is!

Bruce

There is a store in Daytona Beach that does Carved Orb candles, they are really cool! I'm kicking myself for not buying one when I was down there last summer...

I think the store is called the Daytona Candle Gallery, they take your order and carve it right in front of you if they have time. I think it takes 2 to 4 hours (I cant remember which amount of time) for them to dip/carve/glaze and let it dry before you can take it home. If I ever get down there again I will buy one...I had never seen them like that before, they were really cool.

Kim

There is a store in Daytona Beach that does Carved Orb candles, they are really cool! I'm kicking myself for not buying one when I was down there last summer...

I think the store is called the Daytona Candle Gallery, they take your order and carve it right in front of you if they have time. I think it takes 2 to 4 hours (I cant remember which amount of time) for them to dip/carve/glaze and let it dry before you can take it home. If I ever get down there again I will buy one...I had never seen them like that before, they were really cool.

Kim

I have seen the solid ones carved but never the hollow ones like I carved here. I bet they were carving the solid ball candles down there. I think I have one that they made even. Whoever carved it carved an angel fishin it.. but the angel fish is upside down! lol No one noticed it until I pointed it out. (I use to raise fresh water angel fish and I knew when one looked like that it was dead! )

Bruce