My First Dipped Tapers

Nothing too exciting, but for a first attempt I'm happy enough with the results. Next time I'll adjust the timing to see if I can get a get a slightly smoother finish.

I've been wanting to do this for a while. In the past I tried the polyurethane molds but that just didn't feel "real" enough to satisfy my wax geekhood.

Those unscented pillars finally inspired me to fire up the dipping vat. At least with tapers you can light them for dinner and not have to keep them going for 3 hours. Plus they're fun to make!

post-710-139458415839_thumb.jpg

Nothing too exciting, but for a first attempt I'm happy enough with the results. Next time I'll adjust the timing to see if I can get a get a slightly smoother finish.

I've been wanting to do this for a while. In the past I tried the polyurethane molds but that just didn't feel "real" enough to satisfy my wax geekhood.

Those unscented pillars finally inspired me to fire up the dipping vat. At least with tapers you can light them for dinner and not have to keep them going for 3 hours. Plus they're fun to make!

I love how you're all casual about your work, like it's no big deal. :rolleyes2

Stunning candles! You're photography style rocks too! :rockon:

Those are so beautiful, and your photography is as well. I have a formal living room and dining room that I use tapers in all the time. Yours look better than any I have ever purchased anywhere and probably burn better, too.

Let everyone know when you start selling these. I have lots of beautiful candlestick sets just screaming for them. (Might even motivate me to unjunk the dining room table.)

Those are so beautiful, and your photography is as well. I have a formal living room and dining room that I use tapers in all the time. Yours look better than any I have ever purchased anywhere and probably burn better, too.

Let everyone know when you start selling these. I have lots of beautiful candlestick sets just screaming for them. (Might even motivate me to unjunk the dining room table.)

Thanks to you and all for the positive feedback.

I actually have no idea how these burn but will probably try them on Saturday night. I got the hang of wicking tapers when I played around with the molded ones, so I know how to fix it if it isn't right.

I plan to keep dipping my wick because it's fun. These are just really plain ones though. I've got my hands full and who knows when I'll have time to perfect an interesting taper product -- it's a whole other ball of wax!

Such a beautiful glow. I've always loved to set a nice table with all the good stuff out. Most people I know that use plain tapers do so with inherited silver or heavy brass candlesticks. Any type of ornamental tapers seems like it would be a bit "over the edge." I like the simple but elegant look your tapers give. You're giving me the urge to get out the silver polish!