Have a laugh on me! Icky

Donita

Well obviously I did everything wrong. I am trying to make layers with black like Ange....but I was so nervous about making the barrier layer that I didn't even get the layers where I wanted them LOL...Ange...help....what temp do you pour yours....I am not ready to try black for awhile...back to tarts. Well they do smell good....they are gardenia.....bad thing is that I made 6. Donita

post-248-139458379797_thumb.jpg

Oh no no no no I think all of you need glasses. I know we try to be kind, but honestly these look stupid. I was going to toss them out by my DH said, remember all of the ugly ones I sell at Christmas at the Mall????????? So I guess I'll save them and see if anyone wants them. I am afraid to wait too long for sharper lines because then the layers won't adhere...so I used the heat gun a little and that made a bigger mess. One candle did break apart. I need to find the correct temperature to pour and really watch my timing.....that is if I want to do black.....Donita

I'm not adding fluff, but I like things that are different and that these are. If you're afraid of layers breaking apart, poke your relief holes before your last pour. It helps with adhesion. You can pour your layers at the same temp with that method or vary them. Four relief holes helps better than two lol.

Well, I'd probably buy them at the mall. I like the look of layers that are not perfect divisions and are blurry. Its hard to make layers of vastly contrasting colors. Tried with red and while last xmas and kept getting red and pink no matter what I did. Also I've found that really tilted layers are more likely to break apart.

Are you kidding? I think they are so cool!! PM me and I'll take them off your hands!! :pI do have a question though. With the pyramid candles, do you all get much of a hot scent throw? Or does it happen more toward the bottom of the candle as there is a larger mp? Thanks. ;)

Thanks everyone, even Eugenia,...LOL....I am taking another picture of some that don't look quite as bad to send to a friend who wants pink and black candles. Thanks Scented....I will poke sooner too....makes sense....I keep looking at them and shaking my head....now I can see where I need improvement......and lots of practice. Layers of anykind are new to me. I did some a long time ago, but not like these. And the scent throw is better as the candle burns down a bit because the melt pool is larger, but they are strongly scented anyway and they are artsy candles too, so if you truly want just scent....then I tell people to buy jar candles or tarts. (I just got an order for 200)......Yeah! I gave them some samples and they loved them. Guess I got lucky and it worked right away. At least one thing is working for me this week. Donita

Donita, the ONLY reason those candles are super ugly TO YOU is because you had something else in mind. If you hadn't expressed your disappointment, no one would be any the wiser.

An interesting experiment could be to ask us what we think of a creation w/o expressing your own opninon about it, and see what ppl say. You might get more genuine feedback. Not that I think they're ugly. You'd have to do something SUPER DUPER EXTREMELY UGLY before I'd say so since I happen to think you are among the finest of the candle-making QUEENS here. See, a good reputation goes a loooooooooooong way. :P (I just love these new emoticons!)

Hey there Donita! It doesnt look bad at all :) maybe not what u wanted but i dont think it looks ugly at all!

I usually pour ard 145-150. well anywhere about 10° hotter than the MP of ur wax.

Before u pour the last layer, poke relief holes all the way 80% through the candle, then fill it up. This should solve any of ur breakage probs.

I actually like some bleeding, find it adds character! I find layers look great too when titled in varying angles and in different directions everywhich way lol. Sorry about the late reply! but u know me by now lol;)

If you want me to say they are ugly, OK. They are ugly. :rolleyes2

But only a little ugly. Looks like they got really bad third degree burns!

Someone would really like them in the proper setting, and they would match someone's decor somewhere.

Soon I will reveal some of my Frankenstein's Monster candles and then you will really see some uuuuu-gly ones!