A good scent for a teachers gift??

mindy5140

She's a teacher--a relaxing scent. LOL!! I would choose apple pie over creme brulee, it seems to be a love it or hate it scent. I have an annual open house each year and make small gift baskets for teacher's gifts, and the biggest seller for me is a two candle gift scent with a sugar cookie candle and either a coffee scent or hot cocoa, and a coffee mug in the basket.

Good luck!

Why don't you let your son choose a scent? As a former teacher, I always appreciated the gifts I knew the kids had something to do with. Not to say I didn't appreciate all of them, but it will give him a little ownership too. You could also get him to find out her favorite color, that might help a little.

Why don't you let your son choose a scent?

I agree! My kids' teachers get candles from me every Christmas, and I let my kids pick out the scents. Last year, my daughter insisted that her teacher would LOVE Pink Sugar...but I don't think she did, lol!

I was thinking hot apple pie also....or maybe a variety? I was thinking of doing some votives in a gift baskets with some other handmade items. I picked up a neat pen with letter beads on it done in her name at the last craft fair I was at. It is cute. I'll be at another fair tomorrow so I'll be checking out things there also.

One of the favorites I received from a student was a cranberry. I had never bought that scent before and had no idea how good it was. My sister got a cranberry scent from a student last year for the first time, and she loved it, too. It just wasn't one of those scents that we ever really thought about.

Thanks, those are all great ideas. My son picked out Huckleberry Harvest from NG. I totally forgot I had that FO. It was all the way in the back of my candle closet.

Cranberry is different, I have NG's Cranberry Cobbler curing. I"m going to have to test that one soon.

Thanks again,

Mindy :)

I didn't read through everyone's so this may be a repeat. LOL, the first thing I thought of was APPLE=TEACHER :grin2:.

You could always ask her (or have your child ask) what her favorite scents are and go from there. What one person likes another may hate, and you want her to like it.

I have one son who's teacher wants eveything I make in PINK SUGAR, she orders nothing but.

My other son gave his teacher a gift certif to my online store and she ordered a Pine scented candle.

why not have your son bring a note with the scents to pick...have her check off which one she likes...then walla! lol...i think i just might do that...

now my mom and sister in law are both teachers and you wouldn't believe how many apple scented gifts they get,lol....and it's one scent i never smell when i go over to visit,lol...just something to think about...

I think I have the perfect scent for her. Yesterday my son was looking in my soap box, and I had made Strawberry Shortcake M&P soap. He insisted on bathing with it, it was shaped like a frog, my only mold I had at the time.

Anyways we saw her at the gas station, and we were talking. She kept smelling my son, commenting on how good he smelled the whole time.

So of course I chimed in and asked if she likes Strawberry scented stuff and she said yes when she was younger her mom used to buy her strawberry shampoo and soap.

So I'm going to make her up a strawberry basket. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, M&P soap (shaped like a bar of soap,lol) and a candle.

Mindy