Hopefully postin a pic of my soap

TerriWV

Forgot that part didn't I?? lol Too worried about getting the darn pic up.

It's scented Orange Mocha (my own concoction). Fresh orange and hot chocolate. I swirled with cocoa powder. I messed up the center of the swirl..there was some on the spoon, and when I went over the soap, it came down in a string..oh well. not sure if the swirl is all the way thru or not. It was just made when I took the pic a little while ago. Guess I will find out tomorrow. This was the first batch I have ever made..so we will see if it is a flop or not tomorrow.

Well, I didn't get it cut yet.. I got a call this afternoon that a good friend of mine had died. He was 38. I used to date him, but we found out we were better off friends. I went to the funeral home this evening sooo, I haven't gotten much done today.

The soap is still a little on the soft side. I'm going to leave it in the mold until tomorrow. I didn't think it would take this long to set up...hope it will be ok. According to the lye calc, it should be okay.

Thank you for all your comments.

Thank you all

Heather, yes it is my first. I used to make decorated cakes, so the swirl isn't a big deal ....the only thing I worry about is if it went all the way down.

I know it isn't going to be very thick though, I used a 2# batch recipe, and the only thing for a mold I could find was an old pan I was going to throw out, and never did. But the soap will only be used for personal use anyway, til I get the process down a little better.

That is so dang purdy girl!! The color and swirl is perfect for your FO concoction (sp?). :D

Aren't you anxious to see if the swirl went all the way through? I am, so cut that dang soap already! LOL

I'm soooo sorry to hear about your friend, how awful. :(