Christmas Soaps

maryann

Threw this together today for some advertising I'm doing at cornermarketplace.com . Not the greatest, I'm not very good at arranging. A couple aren't finished I would like to "paint" features on the gingerbread soap and the carmel pecan bar I'm thinking of drizzling some "carmel" on.

post-119-139458412342_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458413087_thumb.jpg

I just love everything..so nice..how come we always love what we can't make??? lol..I have an idea for your photo...you could raise the snowman and the muffin up a level..use a shoe box with some red or green or anything christmasy tissue/wrapping paper...that will bring the eye down and up..and you'll have more room to display your other soaps..people's eyes are going to go to the white stuff first so you can try it both ways..either white stuff up a level or all white stuff down a level..I would just seperate those soaps so you can really see all of them. Normally I would never offer advise however, lately on ebay I'm noticing more soapers are staging their soaps like I do so I must be doing something right..lol...anyway you do it..your soaps are just terrific!

Where to begin ... comfortscents thanks for the advise :wink2:.

The snowman is not a mold, I did that all by hand and w/ whipped soap, its not easy :tongue2: and everything on him is soap but the scarf.

The cupcake is a bath bomb for the "cake" and the "frosting" is whipped soap. I used a mixure of sugar and sprinkles on top which will brush right off. Its neat the soap twists off the bomb, so you get 2 products in one.

Those nuts do look alot more real, their M&P using a fleximold. I didn't use the right shade on the nut but the brown from the soap has browned up the nuts to the right shade, so I'm debating whether to drizzle the soap w/ "carmel syrup" using more soap. This soap has REALLY darkened up, more than what I expects, but it smells wonderful!

The back soap is chocolate, I used real chocolate shavenings on top :drool: another yummy smelling one.

The soap petals below (which are in the picture above as well) I did for the first time using the double boiler method and wow what a joy to make I used a presto pot and crock pot before and hated the process from start to finish. My oldest had 2 friends over and they both made one to take home. Its funny how other kids think what I do is the "coolest" where my kids are like :tongue2: :rolleyes2! These are scented Sugar Plums from countrysoaper - what a wonderful scent!!

[ATTACH]8990[/ATTACH]

post-119-139458412384_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Geesh, how the heck did I miss this post?? :confused:

OMG Maryann, I swear you just have too much time on your hands, thinking up and making all these cool looking products!! ;) LOL

Seriously, you definitely have a Creative streak about a mile wide there girlie, you come up with the most original products/styles. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Love love love everything, gosh how to pick a favorite out of all those things?? I sooo love the pecan topped soap, the snowman is just AWESOME (how big is he?), those soap dipped leaves are gorgeous, etc. etc. etc. :D

:thumbsup: and toes too!! :D