Is it just me or has this happend to you?

You order a sample fragrance from ABC co and you get it and it smells out of this world, one of them "You gotta have it", then when you get the 4, 8, or 16oz,,,,,,,of the SAME fragrance and it smells so light/weak that it isn't nothing like the sample that you smelled?

I got a sample of Maple Walnut Praline from ABC co,,,,,,loved it,,,,,,but when I got my 8oz of it, it was so weak smelling compared to the sample that I couldn't hardly smell it. What do you do in these situations? TIA Portia

i have only had this happen with one company i never ordered from them again. i would have thought this was my fault. made different or wicked wrong. but i tried the hole 16 oz. bottle had notes from the sample. with alot of work never did get it as good as the first candle.when i called about this fo they acted like it was me so never ordered again.

Yes I have and I have thought it more then once about the same company. I have let it go thinking it is me but I know exactly what you are saying. Gluten for punishment? I have one FO now that I purchased in the pound and it is doing nothing in the wax. When I tested the sample it ran me out of the house?

I've have felt this way about only 2 companies out of all the companies I have tried. And I have tried a lot.

I'm not warning anyone! My post was based on my experience only, and that yes I feel it has happened to me. It is a suspicion NOT A FACT, therefore for me to post such acquisitions could be considered slander. I can't help what others choose to do though, that's up to them. Yes, I am curious myself regarding the original poster. Personally I feel it could get hectic so my lips are sealed. Last thing I need is a bunch of people running around saying I said this or that......No thank You, LOL.

I can understand how you feel about blasting a Co. "out loud" so to speak...However, I too am nervous now, contemplating the possibility of buying dilute oils! I think all of us are in the same boat right about now, w/ the Holiday fast approaching, and spending a heck of a lot more than what's coming in!:rolleyes2

I personally would really appreciate knowing, I have samples coming in from everywhere lately!:tongue2:

Thanks!

I really believe these company names should be stated in the open too. It doesn't me we can't order from them, just be well informed first and keep your eyes open. Since everyone here is concerned with making quality candles and using quality FOs, I can't see anyone NOT wanting to know. We have no problem praising good FOs or telling when a company screws up an order and/or ships it poorly and doesn't fix it. If it's just one person, one FO, one time, it could be a fluke. If it's a half dozen different people who've ordered repeatedly from the same company and different FOs we should all be wary. I don't believe it can happen repeatedly with a company and them not know about it. If they don't fix the problem, they should expect to be exposed. JMO

I also would like to know which companies they are. I have had some bad luck with fo's lately and am wondering why. The samples were awesome, bottles not so awesome. Please pm me with the ones that you feel are not worthy and I will let you know if the ones I have had problems with are different ones.

Thanks ~~ Pam

That is a very scary thought, and being the honest and I guess naive person I am, had never thought of a company doing that, but that just pisses me off to no end!! :angry2:

I've got tons of samples ordered right now, and I'm freaking out now. I mean I finally broke down and spent a ton of $$$ to try and get some new holiday/fall scents and wondering if it's even going to be worth the time to test these. :(

Not fair that there are people in the world that do this to others, my biggest pet peeve is people who take advantage of others. :angry2:

Thats a dirty trick that has been around for years. Sample is full strength. Then when you order the larger amount is diluted. I would never do business with that company again.

Never heard of that happening and I buy from quite a few suppliers. Most reputable suppliers do NOT dilute their oils. Watch who you buy from.

inles you can prove it i am afraid to print it the way people sue u over any thing any more.i stick to the ones i hear people talking about alot and order from them. never any any troubles out of the main ones like peck,ky,they are they main people i get scents from.and can not think of ware i get it from but rocky mountain pine is always wonderful.

Never heard of that happening and I buy from quite a few suppliers. Most reputable suppliers do NOT dilute their oils. Watch who you buy from.

Have to agree 100%, had no idea this was going on. I too would like to know who to avoid as I'm yet to have such an experience.

e

If you have a question about a supplier than feel free to say hey, I bought Vanilla from ABC Candle company and it seems to me the full pound is weaker than the sample, anyone have a similar experience. That is not slander.

Law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

I ordered from a supplier I was less than pleased with...Candle Supply Central. And when I asked the owner why her FOs were inconsistent and they seemed diluted, she became irate and accused me of many things. I don't use her anymore...See, simple!