Today's swirl

Jcandleattic

I still have 3 more batches of soap to make today, so I'll be posting more pics tomorrow... This is scented with NG's Chocolate Chip Cookies, This is a really nice chocolate scent in soap, and it holds it's scent nicely. :) The swirl was done with Hershey's cocoa powder. :)

post-212-13945841105_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458411053_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone. :)

This was the first time using cocoa powder as a colorant. Worked very well!! I now have 4) 2lb batches put to bed for the night. I made the chocolate chip cookies one, a solid green one scented cucumber melon, a love spell batch with whispy purple swirls (really hope that one turns out!), and Island Christmas with a yellow base and an orange swirl. That one didn't look too good in the mold so we'll see what it looks like tomorrow. I'm also hoping it doesn't turn brown. We'll see.

I couldn't get good pics of them in the mold so tomorrow when I take them out cut them and clean them all up, I will post more pics. :)

I don't make cold process soap just m&p but wondering when you use something like cocoa in your soap it doesn't discolor someone's hands when washing? Just curious..it's just a mystery to me...lol

It wont discolor their hands, but it can discolor the wash cloth, and the lather can be kind of brown. That is if you use a LOT.. I've not really had that problem, because I really only use a tiny bit. For instance, I only used about a tsp. or less for the swirls in this soap. :)