Help...candle dye all over my hands

Okay,feel like such an idiot. What can I do to get liquid candle dye off my hands. I was gonna put just a bit of blue dye in my wax, so didn't put on rubber gloves like I usually do, the top of the bottle was loose, now I've got blue all over my fingers, under my nails and I have scrubbed with soap,used a little bleach, afraid my skins gonna fall off from so much scrubbing....agggghhhhh :o

Out of desperation, I found out pure alcohol works fine in a pinch.:wink2: Didn't realize I had gotten a bit of blue dye on my fingers and what do I do but brush them down the side of my face:rolleyes2 . I grabbed the first thing I could come to, the alcohol and a cotton ball, and it came right off.

I usually just wash with liquid hand soap right away and most of it comes off. What doesn't wash off, seems to wear off pretty quickly though. And I've been covered in dye the past few weeks! LOL

Try a little FO on a cotton ball too...

This whole scenario brings back bad memories from last week. Went to put in Pink liquid dye in the candle and the top was loose, when I squeezed it the top popped off that controls the drops and the hot pink dye was all over my face, arms, counters, my clothes were covered....I looked like I had just gotten hit by a car!!!

For the counter tops , I used Comet cleanser and water with a dish cloth, for the skin it was just constant liquid soap and warm water. Most of it was gone by that night when I washed my hair and my hands were all soapy once again.....

Feelin your pain.....Boy am I feeling it!!!

I even tried rubbing alcohol....but all that did was stink my hands up...didn't help a thing. Be careful with the bleach....man that stuff will dry your hands out and burn the tissue.

Hope that helps

-Denise

Thanks all, off to try and clean my hands for the umteenth time, most of it is slowly coming off my fingers but under and around my fingernails is the worst. Guess I'll be washing my hands a lot today. And I feel better knowing that I'm not alone in this dye thing....:grin2: Thanks again.

I use baby oil (aka fragranced mineral oil) for skin i use paper towels...since its a little sturdier than tissue or cotton balls you can kind of run it under the nail..for countertops i will dab a little one to the drip and leave it for about 5 minutes then comeback and wipe...hth

I found that baby wipes work fantastic (and they are great for de-scenting your pour pot) and also if you get dye on your clothes or on your hands and you really aren't interested in scrubbing the heck out of them...eye makeup remover works wonders.

Thanks all, all of it's gone from my fingers but under my nails some is still there. When I take my shower in a little while, it might come off when I wash my hair. I made a big mistake of using some stuff called muscle magic that my daughter uses to get grease out her hubbys clothes (he works on vehicles for a hobby) talk about rough on your hands, about 2 seconds after putting it on my hands, began to burn now hands are peeling. Geeze shoulda read all these posts before trying to get it off.:D Next time I'm putting my latex gloves on even if I'm just gonna use a toothpick in the dye. oh well live and learn. :wink2: