Which do you prefer?

Here is a picture of our lotion/liquid soap products in 2 different bottle types. The vertical/Boston PET bottles in the rear are from SKS-Bottle. The ones' in front are our newer 'Bell' style, and they're from Freund Container. Personally, I prefer the bell style. They're stable and less apt to tip over. The horizontal label looks much better and is easier to apply (even easier to design).

lotion_liqsoap1.jpg

I have no reason except for personal preference, but I like the bell better. Maybe because it's because of the stability. I like the other label better, though.

They both look very professional.

I think both are nice depending on where you place them. If your concerned about the taller ones tipping over, try a disc top instead of a pump. I would prefer a white cap on all of them because that works better with all the pastel colors in your labels and soap. The labels are nice, did you make them? Oh and did you also make the soap and lotion?...I want to make lotion one day. I really like those bell bottles, too!:drool:

Wow, we are strange people.. no matter what anyone posts we absolutely drool over it.. I'm with you hibiscus....:drool: :drool: :drool:

I love both of them... The bell stands out to me.... *note to self buy bell bottles*.... I like all of the labels too.. I guess on the taller one's the labels stand out more... the word "lemon" is so small on the bell bottle....

I like the bell, too.

If I had those 2 bottles side by side in my store my customers would swear the bell's had less product in them. They would go for the taller because visually they would think the taller bottle had more product in it.

ETA - Great labels. Do they hold up to water?

I love the bells but one thing you could do is one of each. You could use the bostons for lotions and the bells for your soap. It distinguishes the two and we use soap more than lotion so the bell shape wouldn't fall over like the bostons would. Great job on the labels.

I love the bells but one thing you could do is one of each. You could use the bostons for lotions and the bells for your soap. It distinguishes the two and we use soap more than lotion so the bell shape wouldn't fall over like the bostons would. Great job on the labels.
I was thinking the same thing. If it were me I would use the bells for soap and the bostons for lotion. Kinda distinguish between the two products. Besides I think they both look great, so I would want to use them both!

If your concerned about the taller ones tipping over, try a disc top instead of a pump.

Yeah, we started out with disc tops, but our lotions are so thick that about halfway through a bottle, you'd have to store it upside down in order to get any out. So we had an option of thinning out the base or just being consistent with a quality pump top.

I like the bell, but the bostons look like they hold more. I know, probably the same, just perception.

If I had those 2 bottles side by side in my store my customers would swear the bell's had less product in them.

ETA - Great labels. Do they hold up to water?

They both hold a tiny bit more than 8 oz. I never thought about the size perception thing. We're trying to stick with just one style for both products. In the near future, we'd like to get into body wash as well. Our liquid soap base is good, but it doesn't really lather as well a true body wash should.

The labels were done by me. (I'm Daniel, Kenia does the REAL work) Just standard 2x4 address labels I whipped up in my graphics program. The images I was able to find freely on the net. They stick very well, but I wouldn't call them 'weatherproof'.

They stick very well, but I wouldn't call them 'weatherproof'.

"Daniel" have you thought of spraying them to make them water proof? I triple spray mine w/ Krylon triple clear glaze.. a little trick given to me by a member of another site... works great!

The labels were done by me. (I'm Daniel, Kenia does the REAL work) Just standard 2x4 address labels I whipped up in my graphics program. The images I was able to find freely on the net. They stick very well, but I wouldn't call them 'weatherproof'.

I use vinyl labels from Online Labels and an Epson printer with Dura Brite Ink (Epson is the only inkjet ink that is waterproof). The vinyl labes are way more expensive but hold up great for products that get wet.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=56291070

http://www.onlinelabels.com/material_vinyl_inkjet_labels.htm

I like both, but I know from trying both that the bells take up a lot more room in the shower, which is ALWAYS a problem for me, since I've got waaaaaay more products in the shower lately. LOL

To ME, the bell bottles look like they should belong on a counter either at the kitchen or bathroom sink.

I like both labels, but agree the scent type should be a bit bigger on the bell bottles since it looks "empty" right there in the middle between the lemons. ;)

Yep, custom bottles would be great, but I found some that I've never seen anyone using here, and they're pretty cheap, so I'm using those right now.

I've used boston rounds and ovals, and the bell bottles, but wanted something "different".

Both bottles look very nice but I do like the taller one better! The smaller one does look like it should be next to a faucet and wont alot of room in a shower or on a tub!

I also completely agree that if you go with the bell, enlarge the scent font!

I think that the black caps/pumps look great! The black font on the larger bottle and the cap compliment each other and adds a extra touch of class to me! JMHO! LOL

Good luck in deciding!

I thought the same thing as soon as I saw them ~The soap would look so much beeter in the Bell and the lotion in the taller one and then it would give your products much more class and set the two apart from one another.

Sue Ann