Fragrance Ideas..

grammafransfixins

Vicks VapoRub! Maybe I'm weird, but this brings back fond memories for me. When you're a kid, you get fussed over when you're sick and don't have to worry about anything more than what cartoon to watch next. When you grow up, getting sick sucks because you know all that laundry is going to pile up and the house is going to be a mess because no one else seems to pick up the ball when mom's sick!

Vicks Vapor and Ben Gay.My mom lived by that.When sick Vicks and when she had her aches and pains Ben Gay along with a little rubbing alcohol.Believe me she had lots of aches and pains but lived a good life.

For a good smell the best was Grandma's Apple Pie and Chicken and Dumplings.She made it like no one else and we must go every Sunday to eat or she was upset.Also Beef and Noodles.Then Grandpa would pop his popcorn on his wood pot belly stove after dinner.We had to watch wrestling with Grandpa and get a sneak peak of Walt Disney.Then home.

Also at Grandparents home was the smell of cantalope.He had a melon patch and sold them.Watermelons for a short time too.His crop was a short distance from his home but always plenty to eat for dessert.

SO Watermelon,Vicks,Cantalope and Apple Pie and Popcorn.I have lots of scents that bring back great memories.Now if they could master my Grandma's Chick and Dumplings and Beef and Noodles but forget my mom's Ben Gay and Alcohol.I can do without that.

Really I miss all the scents that goes with the family and the good old days. The tears are welling up.

LynnS

SO Watermelon,Vicks,Cantalope and Apple Pie and Popcorn.I have lots of scents that bring back great memories.Now if they could master my Grandma's Chick and Dumplings and Beef and Noodles but forget my mom's Ben Gay and Alcohol.I can do without that.

LynnS

Hmm ..that would make an interesting fragrance.. LOL

Why is it one can smell something and it brings back all those memories??

Tangerines, oranges, peppermint, fresh baked bread, oatmeal for those cold winter mornings along with cocoa. cinnamon toast, maple syrup and bread pudding...my dad made the best bread pudding I've ever tasted! green apples, pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie..oh and butterscotch! I think I'm hugry..:laugh2:

A freshly opened box of crayons. A whole world of imagination just waiting to hit the paper.

Made-from-scratch cinnamon rolls. When there were snow-out days in elementary school, Mom, me and my sister would make a batch and the scent would waft through the house.

Roses. My mom grows beautiful peace roses. When they bloom she cuts a few flowers and brings them in the house.

peppermint & pipe tobacco combined (my grandfather), christmas tree scents, baking ham (but don't think it would go over in a candle), honeysuckle (we had a bush out back), bug spray (OFF!), skunks and cow manure (only ok if they are ever-so-faint; I grew up in the country), real buttered popcorn, fresh baked bread, Lysol & Sani-Flush toilet bowl cleaner, church incense, white chocolate, necco wafers, tomatoes in the garden on a hot day (mmmm).

Oh my goodness, seems everything is connected with a smell...